Accidental Discharge causes evacuation

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Accidental Discharge causes evacuation

Post by gtolbert09 »

Seems to me they're spinning this story a little bit.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/12/18/stra ... heir-home/
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

vjallen75

Re: Accidental Discharge causes evacuation

Post by vjallen75 »

I do understand their concern, I would be if a bullet flew threw my home the same way as it did theirs.

This story seems like a bit much though, the homeowners seem to be horrified that anyone around them would own firearms.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Queue the pearl clutchers to correct the OP....and tell him there's no such thing as an AD, only a Negligent Discharge. :roll:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Article wrote:"If it wasn’t reported immediately, there should be some accountability there,” Jim said.
Really? An "official" report to the police is an issue with this guy?

That said, if I had an AD that exited my home, I'd trace the bullet travel and if it entered my neighbor's home, I'd make sure they were okay and pay for any damage. From the neighborhood layout, it may well have not been the next door neighbor that fired the round. If so, then trying to trace it by sight-line may be more difficult.

Chas.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

My neighbor across the street fired off his AK a few years back I never heard a sound, bullet lodge in his bookshelf in a book an never left his house. Now he called police said he was being robbed a fired in defense, my security cameras told a different story. "rlol"
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

First off the guy doesn't sound too intelligent. If you hear a gunshot, do you walk outside at night to try to "see" where it came from? That's a good way to get shot in my opinion. It's been my experience that bullets move too fast to "see" them coming. :shock:
I'm sure that the police will be able to find the location of where the shot came from, and file charges of reckless conduct against the shooter.
Not sure what type of round was fired, but it sure penetrated a lot of walls, furniture, fences etc, before it slowed down.
People like that are what give the anti gun folks extra reasons to denigrate responsible gun owners. Plus, these stories get plenty of news coverage, compared to self defense shootings. :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”