2017 New Years resolutions

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

2017 New Years resolutions

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

It's that time of year again. I thought it might be fun to list out our New Year's resolutions (gun and non-gun related). Here are mine:

1. Get in shape (diet, exercise, limit alcohol intake, take my meds).

2. Spend more time with my kids. They have this funny habit of getting older every year and my window to just hang out with them is starting to close a bit.

3. Work smarter. Quit procrastinating. Get organized. This will help free up time for the above.

4. Buy my wife flowers "just because" at least once every month.

5. Stop buying so much "stuff" that I don't really need.

6. Sell two guns for every one that I buy in 2017. Do I really need 7 1911's, and 5 mid-size polymer pistols??? There are some guns I definitely want to get (like the Tavor X95 :drool: ), so hopefully this will give me some needed motivation.

7. Get my finances and other affairs in order. Wills, college funds, debt, retirement investments, etc., etc., etc.

8. Last, but definitely not least. Be nice. Be polite. Be gracious.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2017 New Years resolutions

Post by WTR »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:It's that time of year again. I thought it might be fun to list out our New Year's resolutions (gun and non-gun related). Here are mine:

1. Get in shape (diet, exercise, limit alcohol intake, take my meds).

2. Spend more time with my kids. They have this funny habit of getting older every year and my window to just hang out with them is starting to close a bit.

3. Work smarter. Quit procrastinating. Get organized. This will help free up time for the above.

4. Buy my wife flowers "just because" at least once every month.

5. Stop buying so much "stuff" that I don't really need.

6. Sell two guns for every one that I buy in 2017. Do I really need 7 1911's, and 5 mid-size polymer pistols??? There are some guns I definitely want to get (like the Tavor X95 :drool: ), so hopefully this will give me some needed motivation.

7. Get my finances and other affairs in order. Wills, college funds, debt, retirement investments, etc., etc., etc.

8. Last, but definitely not least. Be nice. Be polite. Be gracious.
:iagree:

Could not have said it better, other than get to the range more often.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

1. Use that weight bench I have out in the shop.
2. Shoot more.
3. Reload more.
4. Quit flinching when pulling the trigger (aka MORE DRY FIRE!)
5. Remember to realize that most of the time, things aren't so bad. Some traffic here, an annoyance there, no big deal. I live in a house, with the love of my life, have my health, and I am an American who can say what I want, vote how I please, and be secure in my rights as an American. (And not only am I an American, I'm a TEXAN.)
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

WTR wrote: :iagree:

Could not have said it better, other than get to the range more often.
I am actually doing pretty good on that front. I averaged 12 range trips a month in 2016. It helps that I have a membership at a range that is less than 5 minutes from my office.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

For those wanting to be healthier I've always said, "Eat reasonably, exercise regularly." Consistency is king.
1) get to range for more tactical practice/course
2) take empty hands + tactical handgun course including at least one of the kids.
Happy New Year to all!!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Return to “Off-Topic”