Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 30

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by dhoobler »

Democrats have acheived a new level of pettyness.

Ivanka Trump flashed bra strap look for Trump’s joint session address: tacky or chic?
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/01/i ... y-or-chic/
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by thatguyoverthere »

Yes, it was a great speech. All the way around.

It almost seems like a selfish self interest on my part, but when he started talking about respecting the job that the police do, and talking about the crime and murder rate in Chicago, I was soooo hoping that he would also make some kind of mention about some action that his administration would be taking to help insure that the right of the citizens to bear arms in their own self defense would not be infringed, but I did not hear that. I did have some other stuff going on here at the house at the same time, so maybe he did and I just missed it?

Oh, well. If he did not, I will continue to try to be patient. To be Captain Obvious, I have no doubt that being a new president - being a new effective president - is a yuge job! :lol: I think he's doing a fantastic job so far. And I understand that there are a lot of things more pressing, and that everything can't be at the top of his list all at once. So I will continue to be patient - just don't forget the promises you made to us, Mr. President. :patriot:

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

The market likes Trump's speach. DOW is up 241 points right now. NASDAQ up 51. S&P 500 up 23.
TSRA Life Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

CNN's Van Jones: Trump Became President Tonight and Democrats Should be Worried
http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/ ... s-worried/
Last edited by bblhd672 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:CNN's Van Jones: Trump Became President Tonight and Democrats Should be Worried
http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/ ... s-worried/

This just make the Democrats in Congress look even worse, than they already did. When one of their main MSM mouthpieces, can't criticize the speech.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

CBS News Poll: 76% of Viewers APPROVED of President Trump's speech, including 58% of DEMOCRATS
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-po ... sidential/

Time for the radical left to put down their signs and anatomy hats, go get a job and make an effort to heal the divide they have created.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave2 »

Flightmare wrote:Image
:smilelol5: "rlol"
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

rotor wrote:Perhaps we can move Houston to Illinois and merge it with Chicago.
Trump speech was a knockout.
Take Austin with it. But leave the suburbs of Houston so I don't have to move.

The problem is that too many Kalifornians moved here looking for someplace that actually had jobs. And they aren't smart enough to figure out that their beloved liberal politics is what led to no jobs in the place they came from.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Texas AG Contrasts Trump's Transparent, Productive White House With Obama's
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... e-n2292446
"What I like about President Trump is that he has moved in the direction of actually following the Constitution, separation of powers, and federalism, where the states retain powers as much as possible and he’s pushed the power back to Texas, back to our states.”

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

The pundits are wrong. Trump’s handling of the Ryan Owens affair was contemptibly cynical. - The Washington Post - www.washingtonpost.com
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pl ... 91b1c5b3b6

Ok back to normal again.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

My favorite part of the night is whenever Democrats wouldn't stand up for major talking points. The icing of the cake was them sitting on their hands instead of honoring the fallen seals wife! If I was President Trump I would've called them out, but then again what do I know. Media would've jumped on it as Trump going on a rampage again
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

It looks like getting Obama's foot off the throat of the economy is having positive results.

U.S. Initial Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest in Almost 44 Years
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... t-44-years
TSRA Life Member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Skiprr »

Ben Carson confirmed today as secretary of HUD with a vote of 58-41; Rick Perry confirmed as Energy Secretary, 62-37.

http://abc13.co/2mQg7zT
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Liberty »

I Just wish that he would take off the anti gun restrictions on the Postoffices, and COE properties, All it would take is a pen and a few phone calls. If he was serious about 2nd amendment rights he would fix this. So far he hasn't done much for gun owners.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Him getting elected did a lot for gun owners. Removing the restrictions in those locations would be great and important. However, I believe he is dealing with much more urgent and pressing issues at the moment. He has done a lot in the short time he's been in office.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”