Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by dale blanker »

Pilgrim wrote: People against our national anthem are protesting against GOD who blessed America. They disrespect those who died in service for our country. This is more than political but a battle between good and evil. :patriot:
I think the kneelers are protesting against what they preceive to be racial injustice. Also, isn't kneeling the hightest form of respect???
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Pilgrim
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pilgrim »

Army veteran Alejandro Villanueva is sole Steelers player to stand outside for national anthem.

Pittsburgh Steelers player Alejandro Villanueva stood tall on Sunday for the national anthem, even though his teammates were off the field and out of sight.
Fox News. I could not post web address.

If you see his picture he is standing with his hand over his heart.
That is respect and honor for God and country. :txflag:
Last edited by Pilgrim on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pilgrim
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pilgrim »

Our national anthem lyrics are not about race.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Ameer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ameer »

dale blanker wrote:I think the kneelers are protesting against what they preceive to be racial injustice.
They may have a point. Asian Americans are grossly underrepresented in the NFL and NBA. Meanwhile African American males are disproportionately favored in the ranks of professional athletes earning $1,000,000 or more per year. There is very clear economic inequality along race and gender lines in US professional sports.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

That's just waaaccccissst!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum
Posts in topic: 37

Post by parabelum »

Now the Cowboys kneel too. What a bunch of overpaid morons. Who watches this crap anymore?

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Pilgrim wrote:
Army veteran Alejandro Villanueva is sole Steelers player to stand outside for national anthem.

Pittsburgh Steelers player Alejandro Villanueva stood tall on Sunday for the national anthem, even though his teammates were off the field and out of sight.
Fox News. I could not post web address.

If you see his picture he is standing with his hand over his heart.
That is respect and honor for God and country. :txflag:
Way to go Alejandro! A patriot and I salute his service and his unwillingness to do this kneel job.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 42

Post by G26ster »

Now he says it was all a mistake and he feels bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/2 ... s-bad.html

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

America and Americans have lived under and died for the flag of the United States. We were born under its protection, and too many of us died defending what it represents to let this go unchallenged. The players who have concocted this form of protest are among the highest paid individuals in America. They live lives of vast privilege, and those who “take a knee” to disrespect this nation have almost uniformly never offered a single day of their life in service to the country they disrespect.
:patriot:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

This is my first comment on the NFL players, not standing, kneeling, etc. during the anthem.

Most people don't give Trump enough credit. he knew exactly what the response would be to his comments. What is everyone talking about now? Is it the issue they are protesting? No. It is Trump and his statements. Was this politically advantageous? Only time will tell, but, he has galvanized an entire major sporting enterprise, along with major sporting networks ESPN, and the NFL network, into talking about him. ESPN, refused to discipline a talking head who called him a "white supremest", so he attacked them where they live. The entire issue is lost, and he has so many people kneeling, which gives credence to his philosophy, that people are so ingrained in their own importance that they don't see the big picture.

How many of these 22-25 year old, "African-American" millionaires, have really experienced racism, in their life?

Guess what? no one is talking about pulling down Confederate statues now. JMHO
Last edited by Jusme on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

If anyone is basketball fan, more specifically Spurs fan, here's what their coach thinks of you...

Well, because it’s uncomfortable, and there has to be an uncomfortable element in the discourse for anything to change. Whether it’s the LGBT movement, women’s suffrage, race, it doesn’t matter. People have to be made to feel uncomfortable, and especially white people because we’re comfortable. We still have no clue of what being born white means,”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/nba-c ... mfortable/

Good for Trump on calling these overpaid morons out.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

I have no illusions, that racism, is non-existent, my issue is with those who only watch, or read MSM, and form their opinions based on half truths, and outright lies. If this issue was such a major thing, why was it not fully addressed, by the previous administration, for the previous eight years?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Very disappointed in Pop. Didn't know he was a SJW.

Return to “Off-Topic”