Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

http://nypost.com/2017/10/19/kelly-defe ... tar-widow/

Kelly spoke up for Trump. I heard some of the speech he evicerated the Congresswoman.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote:http://nypost.com/2017/10/19/kelly-defe ... tar-widow/

Kelly spoke up for Trump. I heard some of the speech he evicerated the Congresswoman.

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Analysis | George W. Bush’s unmistakable takedown of Trumpism — and Trump - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/AUSvTwKJYTvygKl4stn6vyA

Bush stayed quiet about Obama, but apparently he talked about racism and mean things so was talking about Trump.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

Clintons, Bushs and obama are all the same pack. They all just did a concert together at A&M!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.businessinsider.com/barack-o ... cs-2017-10

Obama on the same day also gave a speech talking about how bad things were under Trump without mentioning Trump. So Obama and Bush ganging up on Trump the same day. Wow.

In other news the Special Prosecutor has hired the go for blood prosecutor that ran the Enron prosecution till he had to quit for over reaching. Most of his convictions were overturned on appeal, but not after people spent time in jail. That's got to be comforting to Trumps friends, allies and relatives.

Meanwhile it appears that Bil and Hil were the real crooks in the Russia deal and he's not looking there.

flechero
Posts in topic: 77

Post by flechero »

Meanwhile it appears that Bil and Hil were the real crooks in the Russia deal and he's not looking there.
Why would he- sadly, that was never the goal or objective of the investigation. It was only ever about linking Trump's campaign (whether real or not) to Russia.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

PHONE CALL WITH TRUMP AND GOLD STAR WIDOW. out of all the people to publish- CNN. Gosh, such an honor and at the same time, I would never wish anyone to recieve this call. Made me tear up. Amazing people- Trump, soldier, wife and kids.

Gold Star widow's full phone call with Trump - CNN
https://apple.news/AYDztZwJ1QUmxe391VK50SQ

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2 ... tions/amp/

Senate yesterday voted to eliminate State Income tax, property tax and sales tax deduction for individuals.

I guess I will pay more now to make taxes simpler, make America great again, stimulate the economy and lower taxes for the rich and the poor.

So much for any new guns now.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

philip964 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2 ... tions/amp/

Senate yesterday voted to eliminate State Income tax, property tax and sales tax deduction for individuals.

I guess I will pay more now to make taxes simpler, make America great again, stimulate the economy and lower taxes for the rich and the poor.

So much for any new guns now.
That is more targeted towards businesses. This will make state income tax more competitive to keep the big businesses. Same with local taxes

Captain Matt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Captain Matt »

If it goes hand in hand with doubling the standard deduction like the article says, it might not be such a bad thing. Now if congress honestly wants to simplify Federal income tax for the middle class, they shouldget rid of the married/single/HOH boondoggle. Four columns of tax tables when there really only should be one. :banghead:
"hic sunt dracones"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Captain Matt wrote:If it goes hand in hand with doubling the standard deduction like the article says, it might not be such a bad thing. Now if congress honestly wants to simplify Federal income tax for the middle class, they shouldget rid of the married/single/HOH boondoggle. Four columns of tax tables when there really only should be one. :banghead:
In case you missed it, they voted to raise my taxes.

I just finished my taxes last week, for me it's an increase at this point of close to a 30% increase. Helping the middle class my eye.

The vote was non binding. Nevermind.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Trump to allow release of thousands of JFK files by National Archives - USA TODAY
https://apple.news/AWxal_MgKTIaYiJKybe0crA

Trump orders release of JFK assassination files as scheduled on the 25 th of October.

I am hoping Oswald's IRS 1040 form and W-2's will be included. He did a lot of traveling for a guy with a wife and two kids who made $1.25 an hour at the Texas Book Depository.

I have an original newspaper from the day of the assassination which includes an interview with one of the surgeons who worked on JFK at Parkland. He describes the wounds including an entry wound in the throat.

Ike Aramba
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ike Aramba »

philip964 wrote:In case you missed it, they voted to raise my taxes.

I just finished my taxes last week, for me it's an increase at this point of close to a 30% increase. Helping the middle class my eye.
If you voted for the GOP it sounds like you got what you deserve.
"Eastern European intellectuals, reading 1984 in clandestine editions, were amazed to find that its author had never visited the Soviet Union. How, then, had he captured its mental and moral atmosphere? By reading its propaganda, and by paying attention..."

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

philip964 wrote:
Captain Matt wrote:If it goes hand in hand with doubling the standard deduction like the article says, it might not be such a bad thing. Now if congress honestly wants to simplify Federal income tax for the middle class, they shouldget rid of the married/single/HOH boondoggle. Four columns of tax tables when there really only should be one. :banghead:
In case you missed it, they voted to raise my taxes.

The vote was non binding. Nevermind.
My 2016 tax obligation increased by about 60% over 2015. It's very difficult to not be bitter towards all of the liars in DC.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Trump disputes military widow's account of condolence call - CNN
https://apple.news/ABR1yReXQTgiX2m7nkoS1jA

Widow appears on Good Morning America. Says Trump stumbled on the name of her husband as if reading from a report in front of him.

The Congresswoman with the cowboy hat is a friend of the family supposedly.

One report I read said Trump called the widow a liar. Maybe disagreeing with your recollection of a conversation is now calling someone a liar. The Congress woman with the Cowboy hat has said this is Trump's Bengasi. MS News media now show the four soldiers photos with names below like it was Bengasi.

I hope Trump continues to call soldiers families. One would understand why he wouldn't anymore.

I saw now grieving families are complaining that letters from the President are arriving by express mail. I suspect that these families loved ones died in accidents unrelated to hostile fire. Thus the letter and not a call. Their loss is no less. Is anyone aware of the previous protocol for military deaths not from combat operations.

With the MSMedia Trump will never do it right.

Return to “Off-Topic”