Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 539536001/

Newsweek calls Trump "lazyboy" on its cover.

Philip964 calls Newsweek " almost out of business" on Texas CHL Forum.

Think any publication would have referred to Obama as a "lazyboy" during his 8 years?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 539536001/

Newsweek calls Trump "lazyboy" on its cover.

Philip964 calls Newsweek " almost out of business" on Texas CHL Forum.

Think any publication would have referred to Obama as a "lazyboy" during his 8 years?
Newsweek is still being published?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

Why would anyone pay any attention to Snoozeweak?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

It has come out that Trump's National Security Advisor Lt. General W. R. McMaster wrote in April of this year an undated letter to Susan Rice, Obama's National Security Advisor, well after it was reported that she had unmasked members of Trump's transition team in the period after the election, but before Obama left office. The letter allows Susan Rice access to top secret classified information and waiving the requirement of for a "need to know".

Trump was not aware of the letter before it was sent. It was written on White House stationary.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... on-lawsuit

Since when is Time Magazine Trump's favorite.

Is this how journalists paint a competitor as a bad guy.

The irony here is so fabulous I can't stop smiling.

Trump is on a working vacation in New Jersey while the White House is renovated.

There were actually news story's criticizing Trump for vacationing in New Jersey as being unpresidential.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 537483001/

Trump is cruel says USA Today.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

philip964 wrote:https://www.wsj.com/articles/special-co ... 1501788287

Mueller impanels a grand jury.

I guess we will see soon if he's a good guy or a bad guy.
Really?

I don't believe there is any question about Mueller... he is universally respected, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller

Too bad we don't have more like him...
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

dale blanker wrote:
philip964 wrote:https://www.wsj.com/articles/special-co ... 1501788287

Mueller impanels a grand jury.

I guess we will see soon if he's a good guy or a bad guy.
Really?

I don't believe there is any question about Mueller... he is universally respected, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller

Too bad we don't have more like him...
Mueller is not "universally respected " as you claim. I certainly don't respect him, neither do a great number of
US citizens who have spoken up publicly.
Mueller is well respected by everyone seeking the overthrow of the legally elected President who has committed no high crimes or misdemeanors worthy of indictment.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

bblhd672 wrote: Mueller is not "universally respected " as you claim. I certainly don't respect him, neither do a great number of
What?
Are you confusing the man himself with the man's mission? What is the criticism about Mueller the man?
... he [Mueller] is the most respected name in law enforcement. Mueller has a decades-long, sterling reputation as entirely apolitical. Perhaps Mueller's reappointment to head the FBI is the best evidence. When Mueller finished up his 10-year term as FBI director, Congress enacted a new law just for Mueller so he could continue to serve for another two years. That law was passed by unanimous consent in the Senate and by voice vote in the House. Congress doesn't do that for a political hack.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

dale blanker wrote:
bblhd672 wrote: Mueller is not "universally respected " as you claim. I certainly don't respect him, neither do a great number of
What?
Are you confusing the man himself with the man's mission? What is the criticism about Mueller the man?
... he [Mueller] is the most respected name in law enforcement. Mueller has a decades-long, sterling reputation as entirely apolitical. Perhaps Mueller's reappointment to head the FBI is the best evidence. When Mueller finished up his 10-year term as FBI director, Congress enacted a new law just for Mueller so he could continue to serve for another two years. That law was passed by unanimous consent in the Senate and by voice vote in the House. Congress doesn't do that for a political hack.
Gotta love that Dale. Always wrong, never in doubt! :waiting:

Robert Mueller Worked For Democratic Group tied To Obama

A report shows that Robert Mueller, the man hired as a special investigator into President Trump’s alleged ties to Russia, is far from impartial. He came under fire this past week for hiring Clinton supporters and donors, but this new revelation might be the final straw that gets him fired.

Breitbart reported on the ties to the Clinton’s:
“Three members of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team made the donations to Democrats, including to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, according to a CNN analysis using Federal Election Commission records. CNN reported:
“More than half of the more than $56,000 came from just one lawyer and more than half of it was donated before the 2016 election, but two of the lawyers gave the maximum $2,700 donation to Hillary Clinton last year. Over the weekend, news outlets including CNN identified five attorneys that Mueller has already brought on board to help investigate potential collusion between associates of President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia.”

As if that wasn’t bad enough, now it looks like Mueller has ties to former President Obama. Civis Analytics is a leftist analytics firm that has ties to liberal mega-donor and founder of Google, Eric Schmidt. Schmidt is a close personal friend and donor to Barack Obama. Mueller was a partner at Wilmer Hale law firm. Wilmer Hale represented Civis Analytics during a major fundraising drive led by Schmidt that led to $22 million raised. Civis worked closely with the Democratic Party and helped Democrats build their data during the 2016 election:
“Civis… promises a paradigm that could rescue American politics from confusion. The startup—which works closely with the Democratic Party—didn’t play much of a role during the primaries, but now it intends to help the Democrats wage the most data-intensive campaign in history,” according to a June 2016 Wired article.

But that’s not all. They also led a major spying operation on voters:
“In the past, an entire campaign’s data and infrastructure would go poof after Election Day. Now Civis and similar firms are building institutional memory with permanent information store­houses that track America’s 220 million–odd voters across their adult lives, noting everything from magazine subscriptions and student loans to voting history, marital status, Facebook ID, and Twitter handle. Power and clients flow to the firms that can build and maintain the best databases of people’s behavior over time.”

With these ties it seems really unlikely that Mueller can be impartial in his investigation. Trump will have no choice but to fire him and unfortunately, he will pay a price politically for doing so. But what else can he do?
Source: http://www.dcstatesman.com
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Vol Texan »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
Gotta love that Dale. Always wrong, never in doubt! :waiting:
I'm reminded of one of my favorite Reagan quotes:
Ronaldus Magnus wrote:The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

Vol Texan wrote: I'm reminded of one of my favorite Reagan quotes:
Ronaldus Magnus wrote:The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
...which is funny since way more of academia is left leaning.

I met Reagan while he was campaigning in Central Iowa in 1980 and still have some cherished mementos from him. I served as a Reagan delegate during the primaries!

Reagan also said: "You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream – the maximum of individual freedom consistent with law and order – or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism."

Reagan restored faith in the American Dream with his unabated and passionate love for the United States.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

The main trait of the left progs is their hatred of the US.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... s-200-days

200 days of Trump.

Despite all the negative press, I believe leaks and North Korea are the real issues.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

dale blanker wrote:
What?
DIRTY COP: Here Are the Major Scandals that Took Place When Robert Mueller Was FBI Director
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08 ... -director/

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

bblhd672 wrote: DIRTY COP: Here Are the Major Scandals that Took Place When Robert Mueller Was FBI Director
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08 ... -director/
You should be on the president's legal team! Mueller seems to have fooled the president's lead counsel, Ty Cobb, who says of Mueller:
“I have a very respectful and professional relationship with Bob Mueller. I think very highly of him,”
See http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/2 ... obb-241002

But then the president has sent private messages of "appreciation" to Mueller, so it appears he doesn't buy the bad cop idea about Mueller either.

Return to “Off-Topic”