Casualty of War (Election)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Casualty of War (Election)

Post by flechero »

It amazes me that the "tolerant and inclusive liberals" are the ones that unfriend family and show none of what they preached for 8 years, now that their candidate lost.

I have a family member that is a bigtime H supporter... we disagree on politics but agree 100% on family. I joke that I cancelled her vote out. :)

Topic author
Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Mxrdad »

Yes, I do love them and can only hope in time, maybe, just maybe they will have a change in heart. Even if they don't come over from the Dark Side, they could at least get it to where they open the communication lines. Time will tell I guess. Kinda hard to do when they just boom, disappear. I can say that I do love them, and I wish it wasn't that way, but I'm not gonna loose any sleep over it. I have no power over what others do and if they are that compelled to draw that line in the sand, I guess that line will stay. All I can do is leave the door open for them and welcome them if they ever lighten up a little. I certainly won't be going to their side!
Just some guy's opinion.

Topic author
Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

flechero wrote:It amazes me that the "tolerant and inclusive liberals" are the ones that unfriend family and show none of what they preached for 8 years, now that their candidate lost.

I have a family member that is a bigtime H supporter... we disagree on politics but agree 100% on family. I joke that I cancelled her vote out. :)
:thumbs2: Thats the way it should be. Well, in a perfect world, they would never be a Shillery supporter to begin with. But your right, when it comes time to walk-the-walk, they don't seem to do that very well.
Just some guy's opinion.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Don't worry, if it is an Obama line in the sand , it will move a dozen times or so.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

My Yankee sister has a beloved photo of Hillary holding my niece when my niece was wee, back during the Clinton administration.
I haven't been spending much time with my sister and her family for some time. My blood pressure wouldn't survive it.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

My wife's oldest son unfriended her on Facebook due to her (us) backing Trump, she tried the agree to disagree plan and he wouldn't take that option, so now he doesn't communicate with her at all!
Her youngest son was a Bernie supporter but isn't as committed to his politics, now his girlfriend she is a loony bird, she actually will try to bait my wife into an argument, she one of the classic "gimme" believers, thinks college, healthcare etc... should all be free! She and I have only locked horns once, now she avoids picking a fight if i'm close by, she mostly does her politicing on facebook!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

I'm sorry to hear it was a kiddo that is involved. As harsh as it might sound, having a Niece, Nephew, Aunt, Uncle or whatever isnt quite the blow of "losing" a son/daughter. I hope they can get it worked out but like you mentioned, when they just flat out cut the communication lines, not much you can do. I am hopeful it will smooth out over time for y'all. I am certainly leaving the door open for mine.
Just some guy's opinion.

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

The way that liberals will drop contact with you if you are conservative reminds me of the way the Soviet Union would declare someone to be an "unperson" and start editing them out of photographs. Or like the way Scientologists will shun family members and friends who are declared to be a "suppressive person". Scary stuff...

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

This is the first election in which we didn't have conflict with my son over politics. We have learned on both sides to simply avoid the subject as much as possible. It was refreshing to agree on one thing, though. He is a Bernie lover so we could agree completely that Hillary is a dishonest and corrupt person who shouldn't be elected to dog catcher. Until he reached his late 20's, my son would essentially unfriend us by simply refusing to communicate for weeks at a time because of our conservative views. But some really hard times came along in which he needed us desperately and we were there for him no matter what and no matter what our differences. That did a lot to change things for the better.
Honestly, anyone going though 12 years of public school and then any amount of college in our great nation has a 90% chance of becoming a far left brainwashed lemming no matter what their family believes. Add a steady diet of liberal media to that to keep the brainwashing firmly in place, and you arrive at our current situation in my family and millions of others. None of this is an accident. It is the determined goal of the left and it is working perfectly. When you put your kid in public school, you are sending them to the enemy camp for indoctrination not education.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

We have a lot of new fascists who think is perfectly reasonable to shout down or attack those who disagree with their leftists politics.

Perhaps, they should all start wearing 'brown shirts' to show their solidarity with each other...

Return to “Off-Topic”