Old school carry!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

K5CLC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Old school carry!!

Post by K5CLC »

Scottish Claymore!!! lol.
Actually I like the tomahawk or slingshot idea better, the concealed carry weapons of history.
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

Lightsaber! Easily concealable, and with the proper training can deflect blaster fire.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

One of these should qualify as old school carry.

Do what you say you're gonna do.

karder

Post by karder »

A bo staff and a wakizashi.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Archery1 wrote:I would save the bow for another purpose. It's an offense weapon and sorry defense weapon. The guy with the big knife will chop you to pieces long before he died from puncture wound. Might as well meet him with even chance.
Your assuming the attacker can actually get to you. Throughout history, bows have been used as effective defensive weapons as long as the archer had the advantage of cover or physical separation such as defending a wall of some sort.

If we can have both, why wouldn't that be everyone's answer? Is this a trick question?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Flightmare wrote:Lightsaber! Easily concealable, and with the proper training can deflect blaster fire.
I think we need to better lay our the parameters / options available. If we can have a light saber, then can I have a Death Star?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Flightmare wrote:Lightsaber! Easily concealable, and with the proper training can deflect blaster fire.
I think we need to better lay our the parameters / options available. If we can have a light saber, then can I have a Death Star?
If you can "carry" a deathstar, go for it :P Also, be aware what is behind your target with those things. They have a tendency to over-penetrate. Additionally, beware Death Star Free zones like Alderan. :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

In the years before campus carry, I decorated my office walls with two beautiful (and perfectly functional) Martin recurves, as well as a few commemorative (and still functional) arrows that I'd shot through deer. They were just part of the hunting decor. Plus bows and arrows are not listed in Penal Code Ch. 46, nor explicitly prohibited by University policy.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

You guys need to get with the program. Just go regular concealed carry. He probably has a claymore sword in the other pocket.

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Flightmare wrote:Lightsaber!
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

tbrown wrote:
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
We've wondered for years whether tbrown was actually Nathan Fillion or Harrison Ford. Now we finally know. Thank goodness.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

J.R.@A&M wrote:In the years before campus carry, I decorated my office walls with two beautiful (and perfectly functional) Martin recurves, as well as a few commemorative (and still functional) arrows that I'd shot through deer. They were just part of the hunting decor. Plus bows and arrows are not listed in Penal Code Ch. 46, nor explicitly prohibited by University policy.
:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vol Texan »

Lots of nice choices here - many of which likely embrace the cultural heritage of the poster(s).

Keeping with that theme... I'm Italian, so my choice would to have one of these with me at all times.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Vol Texan wrote:Lots of nice choices here - many of which likely embrace the cultural heritage of the poster(s).

Keeping with that theme... I'm Italian, so my choice would to have one of these with me at all times.
Luca's kinda big to carry around. Fortunately, he can walk on his own.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

tbrown wrote:
Non-LTC carrier old school weapon
image.jpeg
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”