Calexit

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Calexit

Post by jmra »

Officials announce proposal that would establish California as separate nation
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... ation.html

:anamatedbanana
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Calexit

Post by Jusme »

Well, they are correct when they say California doesn't share the same values as the rest of America. I wonder how they will pay for electricity, when they have to pay import tariffs? :shock:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

In addition to electricity sourcing, they have another problem that they haven't thought through. While I realize that the US had military bases in other countries, I'm guessing that many of these wouldn't survive Calexit.

https://militarybases.com/california/
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

I support this effort wholeheartedly. We should build two walls.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Funny, the same people calling for Calexit are the same ones who would call anyone from Texas wanting to separate a bunch of redneck wackos(Probably worst, keeping it PG for the forum).
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

doncb

Post by doncb »

I would be SOOO happy if they did and stopped polluting the rest of the country. Unfortunately, it is only a pipe dream. Last I read, 1/3 of the population of California was in favor of Calexit.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

A bunch of us could rent an apartment there, claim it as our legal residence, register to vote there, and speed up the process!
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Doesn't California pipe a lot of water from out of state?
Charlie

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

TxRVer wrote:Doesn't California pipe a lot of water from out of state?

Yep,
Now they will have to buy it from the US. I'll bet it won't be as cheap as it is now. This is just more snowflake posturing, they don't like the outcome of the election, and are hoping more people will listen to their whining. While I would be all for them leaving, they cannot sustain themselves without Federal help, and would have to tax their "citizens' so much, that the population will drop overnight as everyone crosses the border.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I believe LA does, but not sure about the entire state.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

They don't need to let the door him them on the way out. Now if only New York would follow suit.

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

:biggrinjester: How can we help? But actually we don't need to get rid of the whole state, just the parts in blue!

http://graphics.latimes.com/la-na-pol-2 ... alifornia/
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Mxrdad »

Jusme wrote:

Yep,
Now they will have to buy it from the US. I'll bet it won't be as cheap as it is now. This is just more snowflake posturing, they don't like the outcome of the election, and are hoping more people will listen to their whining. While I would be all for them leaving, they cannot sustain themselves without Federal help, and would have to tax their "citizens' so much, that the population will drop overnight as everyone crosses the border.
Agreed. Which is why I so desperately want them to try it. They would fail in every way and quick too. Kinda reminds me of a kid wanting to run away from home. The second the sun goes down and they get cold, they will come back.

An interesting quote from the article:
"America already hates California, and America votes on emotions," Marcus Evans, vice president of Yes California told to the Los Angeles Times. "I think we'd have the votes today if we held it."

I think a more reasonable approach would be to split it into 2 states maybe? But then again, smarter folks than me might find fault in it but either way, California needs a good spanking. :cool:
Just some guy's opinion.

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 6

Post by jmra »

The only problem I have with it is they would probably quickly align themselves with our enemies bringing threats even closer on another land border.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Mxrdad »

jmra wrote:The only problem I have with it is they would probably quickly align themselves with our enemies bringing threats even closer on another land border.
HHHMM. Gotta say I never looked at it like that. Interesting. I'm sure there are plenty of enemies that would finance them for such a feat. Good point. Maybe split it in 2 states is looking better and better but I guess they wouldn't be interested in doing that though. I reckon we will all just have to continue to hear the belly-aching cuz it's obvious they aren't going to stop.
Just some guy's opinion.

Return to “Off-Topic”