Texas Monthly

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Texas Monthly

Post by wheelgun1958 »

I used to subscribe back in the 80's and found it informative and entertaining. Now I can't even make it through one article without a desire to launch it across the room. Maybe it's just me getting old.

:txflag: :headscratch

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Texas Monthly

Post by Jusme »

wheelgun1958 wrote:I used to subscribe back in the 80's and found it informative and entertaining. Now I can't even make it through one article without a desire to launch it across the room. Maybe it's just me getting old.

:txflag: :headscratch

No it's just them sliding so far left it won't sit on a coffee table anymore. I used to read it also, they had great articles about Texas history, vacation spots, and other points of interest. But I haven't picked one up in about 5 years.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

In my 9 months of living in Texas, I haven't yet read the magazine. Here's what I've discovered today:
Texas Monthly - founded by Michael R. Levy who has won award from Planned Parenthood. Pretty much all you need to know about the side on which the magazine falls.
Additionally a new Editor in Chief was named in November 2016, Tim Taliaferro, who previously wrote for Huffington Post and ran a couple of alumni publications. I'm sure he is of the progressive slant.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Jusme wrote:No it's just them sliding so far left it won't sit on a coffee table anymore.
:smilelol5:

Stealing that one for future use.

Back in the day, way back in the day, I actually had a couple of articles appear in Texas Monthly, one was a cover feature. Haven't bothered to crack open a copy for over a decade; I won't bother even in a doctor's office where that's all there is.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

KLB

Post by KLB »

bblhd672 wrote: I'm sure he is of the progressive slant.
The Huffington Post? The progressive slant or perhaps the progressive 90 degree drop off the cliff.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Yes, at one time I too was a subscriber way back in the 80's.

Now, I wouldn't use it to wrap fish in...

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Will these media outlets ever figure out that people will abandon them as they take a harder turn left and get more out of tune with the main stream? I feel like the agenda is for the media to move the "Overton Window" as far left as possible in an attempt to normalize progressivism and move the general, mainstream culture farther to the left but it seems they overestimate their ability and importance to do so. Hollywood is down, cable news is down, network prime time is down, print media has gone to the dogs...will they ever learn?

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Will these media outlets ever figure out that people will abandon them as they take a harder turn left and get more out of tune with the main stream? I feel like the agenda is for the media to move the "Overton Window" as far left as possible in an attempt to normalize progressivism and move the general, mainstream culture farther to the left but it seems they overestimate their ability and importance to do so. Hollywood is down, cable news is down, network prime time is down, print media has gone to the dogs...will they ever learn?

No they won't because they can't admit that their view is skewed. They have been so indoctrinated, and have a huge echo chamber of people who just keep repeating the same rhetoric. When advertisers start pulling out, they will then attack them as being "right wing", "racist", and any other terms they like to throw around.

We can easily speed up the process of their demise, by boycotting any advertisers who sponsor the Clinton news network, the New York Times, MSNBC, and any others, who are in Soro's pocket. He can't keep them all afloat. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Jusme wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:Will these media outlets ever figure out that people will abandon them as they take a harder turn left and get more out of tune with the main stream? I feel like the agenda is for the media to move the "Overton Window" as far left as possible in an attempt to normalize progressivism and move the general, mainstream culture farther to the left but it seems they overestimate their ability and importance to do so. Hollywood is down, cable news is down, network prime time is down, print media has gone to the dogs...will they ever learn?

No they won't because they can't admit that their view is skewed. They have been so indoctrinated, and have a huge echo chamber of people who just keep repeating the same rhetoric. When advertisers start pulling out, they will then attack them as being "right wing", "racist", and any other terms they like to throw around.

We can easily speed up the process of their demise, by boycotting any advertisers who sponsor the Clinton news network, the New York Times, MSNBC, and any others, who are in Soro's pocket. He can't keep them all afloat. JMHO
Spot on! :clapping:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Skiprr wrote:
Jusme wrote:No it's just them sliding so far left it won't sit on a coffee table anymore.
:smilelol5:

Stealing that one for future use.
Me, too!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

wil

Post by wil »

the last worthwhile article I saw in that rag was about a ranch somewhere in Tx that is making olive oil from their own trees on the ranch.
Wish I'd saved that article as I didn't know olive trees would survive the cold here, much less the soil.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

wil wrote:the last worthwhile article I saw in that rag was about a ranch somewhere in Tx that is making olive oil from their own trees on the ranch.
Wish I'd saved that article as I didn't know olive trees would survive the cold here, much less the soil.
http://www.texasmonthly.com/food/the-other-oil-boom/

There's three or four in Texas. One south of SA.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “Off-Topic”