And they all support efforts to curb C02

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

And they all support efforts to curb C02

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/1600- ... er-bowl-li

1600 private jets expected in Houston for the Super Bowl.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: And they all support efforts to curb C02

Post by Abraham »

Obviously they don't, but I'm not certain if CO2 is carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide?

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

CO2 = Carbon dioxide
CO = Carbon monoxide
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Abraham wrote:Obviously they don't, but I'm not certain if CO2 is carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide?
C= 1 part carbon 02 = 2 parts oxygen = carbon dioxide.

Reminds me of the students who cheerfully signed the petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide from the atmosphere because the name and information provided "sounded" dire. (H20) = water.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

G26ster wrote:Reminds me of the students who cheerfully signed the petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide from the atmosphere because the name and information provided "sounded" dire.
Ooh. We really need to do a fake blog and say that Donald Trump is planning to issue an executive order that will allow the EPA to stop monitoring or regulating the amount of dihydrogen monoxide in the atmosphere. See how many snowflakes we can get to sign a petition. Think of the children!

But back on topic, the airspace around Houston is certainly...different this week. And is about to get even more different in a few hours. The Super Bowl is designated a National Security Special Event, and there are boatloads of security measures and FAA restrictions in effect. Reservations for landings and departures are required from last Thursday through this coming Monday at 21 area airports, and that includes a requirement to use specific route structures.

A TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction), aka "no-fly zone" is in effect from 16:00 to 23:59 today in a 10 nautical mile radius centered on NRG Stadium, and a 30 nautical mile TFR ring with lesser restrictions. My understanding is that the no-fly 10-mile ring includes Hobby Airport and that arrivals are shut down for the duration this afternoon and evening; a limited number of departures will be allowed after per-arranged, special TSA gateway screening only.

Here's a link to a map depicting the TFR zones: http://www.fly2sb51.org/Data/Sites/13/media/sb51tfr.jpg. Too big to embed here, but reduce it in size and it's illegible. Amazing how much the 30-mile ring covers. South almost to Lake Jackson, east almost to Baytown, north past Hooks Memorial Airport, and west out to Brookshire.

During the 16:00 to 23:59 window today, military helicopters will be in the air, as well as F-16s surveilling at high altitude with in-flight fuel refills as needed.

In addition, there is a 34.5-mile radius no-fly zone for all unmanned aircraft operations. If you want to fly your drone in Greater Houston today, just don't do it. I don't know they're monitoring for them (there are supposedly 40 local, state, and federal agencies involved in the security effort) or what they plan to do if they spot one, but if I had one I'd just keep it home.

"Drones are becoming much more popular, but they also pose certain safety risks," said FAA Administrator Michael Huerta. "We’re working closely with our safety and security partners to spread the No Drone Zone message as widely as possible."

Ya know, the security measures for this week, and those discussed around the POTUS inauguration, has me wondering more about small, private drones and terrorism. Might need to start a new Topic, but it strikes me that good situational awareness in 2017 and beyond will look different than it did in 2013. That 360-degree awareness of human threats in an urban area may need to be adjusted...adjusted upward to include small flying things carrying payloads.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

CO2 is carbon dioxide (2 oxygen molecules), CO is carbon monoxide (1 oxygen molecule) as the name indicates - di or mono
Edit: I guess I came late to the party on this (to church and back).
Last edited by Sport Coach on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I wonder if the fake protestors who're really a hybrid of paid fascist/commies will dare make their presence known? Or, given this is Texas (yeah, I know, we have our own native variety in Austin/Houston/San Antonio et al.) maybe the imported variety will wisely keep away and local cretins of this ilk will too?

After all, President Trump is pals with Tom Brady and the Pats in general.

This alone would probably make these gibbering half-wits go into paroxysms of fake rage, vandalism and looting, but perhaps realize they're not in Berkley and their criminal behavior will result in jail or prison for them.

sheary

Post by sheary »

OP: What's the basis for your headline?

Mods: Don't we already have a topic about the big game, including posts about the drone restrictions?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

sheary wrote:OP: What's the basis for your headline?

Mods: Don't we already have a topic about the big game, including posts about the drone restrictions?
Yes. And if it starts being a real issue with duplication, then we will deal with it, thank you. At this time it's talking about jet emissions, not the game or necessarily drone restrictions.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Sugarland Airport was full of planes and automobile traffic when i left work Friday. Across the street from it is the Skeeter Stadium and its been full of passenger buses since last week.

rotor

Post by rotor »

It's OK to be rich. The American dream.

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

sheary wrote:OP: What's the basis for your headline?
Good question. Does that include Pence? :mrgreen:
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Skiprr wrote:
G26ster wrote:Reminds me of the students who cheerfully signed the petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide from the atmosphere because the name and information provided "sounded" dire.
Ooh. We really need to do a fake blog and say that Donald Trump is planning to issue an executive order that will allow the EPA to stop monitoring or regulating the amount of dihydrogen monoxide in the atmosphere. See how many snowflakes we can get to sign a petition. Think of the children!
There are videos all over the place of people signing that petition.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

sheary

Post by sheary »

OP: What's the basis for your headline?

Return to “Off-Topic”