Les Paul copy guitar kit

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Les Paul copy guitar kit

Post by WTR »

Fine steel between coats, just like a rifle stock.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Mxrdad wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Eventually, your finger oils will darken it up if you play it enough.
Not to mention the blood. LOL.
Shhhhhhh! We don't want to scare him off! :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Skiprr »

I know it runs against recreating the appearance of the original, but if the photo is color-accurate I actually prefer the fretboard a more a dark mahogany or dark cherry than black. But that's just me. I like natural woods. Which is odd, now that I say it, because only one rifle I own has a wood stock....
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

AndyC wrote:I also forgot something:

Nigel Tufnel? Never heard of her ;)
Now...that's just wrong! How can you turn anything up to 13?

I'm gonna grab my Strat, kick the overdrive to 11, and play Break Like the Wind....
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Andy's soon-to-be new axe. Except without the dial-it-to-13 knobs. Just sayin'....

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Mxrdad »

AndyC wrote:I agree - I don't want it totally black, just a near black such as (as you said) dark mahogany; darker than the current version, anyway.

I also forgot something:

Nigel Tufnel? Never heard of her ;)

:rolll 13. Technology just never stops! Was 10, then 11 and now 13!
Just some guy's opinion.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Psst. Andy. Orianthi sent me this link and asked me to give it to you:

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i- ... 00SRCHCAPN

Only $2,699.00 down and 12 Payments of $333.34; $2,713 off MSRP. I told her the build here was really the important thing. She said she understood completely, but thought you might want to buy it as a gift for your friend after the build is done. I'm a sucker for women with Australian accents....

Wolfgang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wolfgang »

Nice guitar. But don't get too excited after a heavy solo and smash it on the floor.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Wolfgang wrote:Nice guitar. But don't get too excited after a heavy solo and smash it on the floor.
That reminded me of an article I saw in the Babylon Bee just yesterday: Worship Band Fixes Old Hymn By Adding Guitar Solo From Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’
According to people present, as the third verse faded out with the beautiful lyric “Here’s my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above,” the stage lights dimmed to a moody dark purple, and worship guitarist Ethan “Tomahawk” Hartford stepped to center stage, beginning the brutal riff as drummer Mick “Metronome” Curtis supported with the introductory cymbal bit.
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :lol: :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Mxrdad »

Man, I wish that was captured on film, that would be great. Nothing wrong with metal and Hymns. Let it rip!
Just some guy's opinion.

Return to “Off-Topic”