President Donald Trump Press Conference (2/16/2017)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Re: President Donald Trump Press Conference (2/16/2017)

Post by Abraham »

Conservatives recognize the vast majority of the media are leftists.

My question: Why are they leftists?

Leftist indoctrination in school?

Peer pressure from colleagues?

A desire to seem and I shudder to say this, but here goes - It's cool to be seen as leftist and stuffed shirt to be anything else?

Or something really sinister...?
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Very well done TAM. I salute you.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Abraham wrote:Conservatives recognize the vast majority of the media are leftists.

Leftist indoctrination in school?

Peer pressure from colleagues?

A desire to seem and I shudder to say this, but here goes - It's cool to be seen as leftist and stuffed shirt to be anything else?

Or something really sinister...?

I think it's a combination of all of these things.
The left is not afraid that Trump, or any other conservative, is actually a racist, homophobe, mysoginist, or any other names they throw around. Even they know they don't have facts to back that . They are afraid that his policies will be successful and that the public will become informed. There is nothing worse for those who want to control our thoughts and beliefs, than those who see through the rhetoric.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

The only news i trust and watch is Fox News. All the others bash Trump continually.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by G26ster »

Take Down Sicko wrote:The only news i trust and watch is Fox News. All the others bash Trump continually.
To me, Fox news is above the rest, but lately they've become just another mouthpiece for liberalism on MANY of their shows. The worst is Shepherd Smith. "Mr. Subliminal," as I call him, or "Mr. Not in My Name" rarely fails to add a personal disparaging remark when a Trump news story is aired. He's supposed to be straight news, not commentary.

Now I know Fox's motto is "Fair and Balanced" but Fox used to, at least, provide some counter balance to the one sided MSM. Now I get just as wound up watching their news as I would if I were watching CNN or MSNBC. And what I hate most about all the news shows with commentary, is that it is usually the liberals interrupting the other guests by trying to shout over them, and talking as fast as possible to get in their talking points, while the hosts just sit there in silence and do not control the conversation. I don't care if its a liberal or conservative that tries to shout over the other guests, their mike should be cut and they should not be invited back if they continuously do it.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Shepherd Smith is known to be gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think his view is colored by that, i.e., so in his view Trump hates Gays, therefore he's (in the parlance of PC), a homo-phobe, is anti-Semitic, but also hates Muslims, and let's see, Martians.

However, some Gays don't buy into an anti-Gay agenda by Trump. Some Gay folk recognize he's not anti-Gay... This guy is far too cosmopolitan to be anti-Gay... He's no dumb provincial...sheesh.

Or, an anti-Jew or Muslim or anti fill in the blank.

What we really have is snowflake belly aching...

For reasons I can't imagine, President Trump is found erroneously wanting by Gays and other minority groups but, if they pull their heads out of their posteriors they'd appreciate he recognizes them and their credibility as people.

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

Abraham wrote:Conservatives recognize the vast majority of the media are leftists.

Different professions attract different types of people. For example, STEM careers generally attract people who think logically. That mindset is necessary for writing computer code, especially 10-20 years ago, and I rarely meet a programmer over 30 who is anti gun.

On the other hand, careers in the media and performing arts don't require much logical thinking. The performing arts are about emotions, particularly getting an emotional response from the audience. Over the past several decades, the "news" has become more and more about entertainment (nee Yellow Journalism) and less about investigating and reporting the Five Ws. In addition, plagiarism is now acceptable and called "research" by journalists, so the profession attracts many people who (a) are emotion-driven and (b) lazy. The politicial leanings of those people is not hard to predict.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

tbrown,

Thanks!

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LucasMcCain »

I haven't seen this mentioned, so I'll throw it out there. The massive majority of the MSM is now owned by just a handful of corporations. Because of this, the bias of those parent companies and their shareholders is affecting the narrative of news on a national scale. Where we used to have many sources for news, we really only have a few. They may have different logos and different talking heads, but the people dictating the tone and the bias are the same. I think you will find that virtually all of these massive conglomerates is heavily liberal in its politics. Sorry if this is getting a little tinfoil hat, but I really think it is largely the root of the problem.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6- ... ica-2012-6

That's just one of the first articles google popped up on the issue. It's worth noting that it's from almost 5 years ago. I assure you it has not gotten better.

ETA: Here's another one that's a pretty good read, but still from several years ago.
http://www.infowars.com/7-things-about- ... u-to-know/
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Return to “Off-Topic”