What's in a Name?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 1

What's in a Name?

Post by thatguyoverthere »

About a year ago I bought my wife and I a Roomba, the little robot vacuum cleaner. That's not exactly what this post is about, but if anybody is interested and considering purchasing one, I posted about it back then here on this forum. We loved it then, and love it now, a year later - still doing a perfect job for us. Other than emptying the dust bin and cleaning the filter, the only other thing I do is just take it out to the garage and use my air compressor to blow the dust out of all the nooks and crannies on it every 2 or 3 months.

Anyway, a little while back I was talking to my sister on the phone and she told me that she and her husband had just purchased one, also. As part of their marketing, when you buy one, the Roomba company wants you to give your little guy a name (like a pet, I guess), and list it by its name when you register it on their website. Ok, it's marketing - I get it - whatever.

So I asked my sister if she named her new Roomba. I could hear the exasperation in her voice when she replied: "No, I didn't. But Frank (her husband) had." I said: "Oh really? What did Frank name it?" She said: "Hillary."

Man, I love my brother-in-law.

"rlol"

Pawpaw

Re: What's in a Name?

Post by Pawpaw »

:smilelol5:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Well, your BiL doesn't have to worry about it breaking any glass ceilings.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

Not sure I wouldn't have gone with "Monica" in that context, but I LOVE it either way!!!
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

cbunt1 wrote:Not sure I wouldn't have gone with "Monica" in that context, but I LOVE it either way!!!
If you're gonna name it that, put the recharging station under the desk. :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Off-Topic”