How do I fry fish?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How do I fry fish?

Post by TreyHouston »

I use any breading, cornbread, eggs and flour, etc. I used to use a pan to fry in but it was VERY hard to regulate the temp. I spent $30 at Walmart and bought a small personal frier, hold about a gal of oil and regulates the temp extremely well! well worth the investment.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Take Down Sicko »

My advise is to cook it outside so your house doesnt smell like fish for a week.

Take Down Sicko

I like broiled flounder best of all. I put salt, pepper, onions, butter and lay it in a baking pan lined with foil uncovered and broil for about 10 mins.

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Weg »

My 2 recipes, Easy way : Roll the fillets in egg, roll in Zatarans Shrimp fry, and deep fry in peanut oil, I use a fry daddy for this and have never had a temp problem or burned the oil as long as I do small batches. Harder recipe : Dip in milk, then roll in seasoned flour, then roll in egg, then roll in bread crumbs or finely crushed saltines. You can fry it however you want after that, it comes out with a very crispy batter that is hard to beat. I recently fried this recipe in olive oil for some very health conscious relatives and they loved it.

wil
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wil »

I use louisiana brand beer batter mix. One cup beer to one package of mix. 350 degrees until a light golden brown.

Walmart sells a cooking thermometer for under $30, works like a champ, it comes with a spring clip to hold it on the side of the cooking pot. Deep frying without it is damn near impossible.

You can also use the beer batter mix for frying okra, comes out a lot better than the breaded.

If I make fried fish, I make the okra also as the mix is already done & it's simple to do & they go together very well.

Hold as close to 350 as you can, add 3-4 pieces of fish at a time so you don't drop the temp too much.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

Take Down Sicko wrote:My advise is to cook it outside so your house doesnt smell like fish for a week.
1000% :iagree:

Is this my wife? the name sounds like something she would have! :evil2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Take Down Sicko

TreyHouston wrote:
Take Down Sicko wrote:My advise is to cook it outside so your house doesnt smell like fish for a week.
1000% :iagree:

Is this my wife? the name sounds like something she would have! :evil2:

Uummm,,,no, Not the wife. In my younger years i deep sea and bay fished almost every weekend. Caught my share of king fish, ling, dolphine, red snapper, speckled trout, flounder, red fish and lots of others. The best part was frying them up good and tasty and eating them with lemon and tarter sauce and a baked potato with the works.

Return to “Off-Topic”