Need Input For Old Truck

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Need Input For Old Truck

Post by troglodyte »

In the next 1-2 years we will be looking for an old truck from the 50s - early 60s for a side business my wife and I own. We're not in a big hurry but I'd like to start getting a feel for what's out there, what to look for, and what kind of costs I'm looking at.

Specifically we hope to find a stake/flat bed 3/4 ton dually (single may be fine) in reasonable, road worthy (or near) condition. Not interested in high-end restore or show truck nor a rust bucket that's going to take lots of dollars and time to put back together.

I've been looking through CL, ebay, and local ads but I was hoping to find a few places that specialize in older vehicles for a better reference.

What are some good sites to look through that might help? Do you have any tips or suggestions for what to look for or specific models that are better (not necessarily more desirable) or ones to avoid?

In the end I know it comes down to what we like and what we're willing to pay but I'm hoping to be able to make a more educated decision.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

mrvmax

Re: Need Input For Old Truck

Post by mrvmax »

You could try bringatrailer.com, they have a variety of vehicles there. Eventually you'll see one and conditions vary from needs work to showroom condition.

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

Look at Hemmings Motor News. http://www.hemmings.com

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

If your still in the Levelland/Lubbock area and find yourself around Seagraves Checkout B&T Automotive. They tend to find some pretty interesting stuff and might even know where to find what you are looking for. If you do find yourself in Seagraves PM me and I might be able to meet you If I'm not at work.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “Off-Topic”