Don Rickles dead at age 90

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Don Rickles dead at age 90

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://abc13.com/entertainment/don-rick ... 0/1842830/
Comedian Don Rickles has died at age 90.

Paul Shefrin, his longtime publicist and friend, said Rickles died Thursday of kidney failure at his Los Angeles home. He would have turned 91 on May 8.
God speed, Mr. Warmth. You kept me laughing for nearly 60 years.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Don Rickles dead at age 90

Post by Pawpaw »

It became a badge of honor to be insulted by Don Rickles.

Rest in peace, Sir.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I really, really liked his delivery.

He was hilarious!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

They always use the word 'insult' with me, but I don't hurt anybody. I wouldn't be sitting here if I did. I make fun of everybody and exaggerate all our insecurities. - Don Rickles
Another original is gone. All of the rude, foul mouthed comedians of today are a cheap imitation of Mr. Rickles.

Rest in peace.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have been unable to find video of it, but one of the funniest comedic exchanges I've ever heard in my life was between Don Rickles and Little Richard on the Tonight Show. Little Richard performed, and he was wearing an extremely flamboyant shirt that was hot pink with sequins, which he later said during the interview portion that he had designed and sewn himself. Rickles was either in one of the other guest chairs, or he was guest-hosting....I don't remember which....but Richard offered to make Rickles a shirt of his own just like the one Richard was wearing. Rickles' reaction and the exchange between the two of them was pure gold.

I laughed until tears were running down my face.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

bblhd672 wrote:
They always use the word 'insult' with me, but I don't hurt anybody. I wouldn't be sitting here if I did. I make fun of everybody and exaggerate all our insecurities. - Don Rickles
Another original is gone. All of the rude, foul mouthed comedians of today are a cheap imitation of Mr. Rickles.

Rest in peace.
It's amazing, the people who would attend these Dean Martin roasts - Ronald Reagan, Neil Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, James Stewart, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope, Milton Berle, John Wayne, etc.
I always enjoyed watching them.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”