Mark your house properly and visibly!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mark your house properly and visibly!

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I live in suburbia, but we have numbers in 3 places - brass numbers on the eave of the roof over my front door, boldly painted on the curb at the corner of my driveway, and and illuminated in the face of a decorative fake rock next to our front walkway. But, many times while driving through rural areas I have noted that people put up some kind of deliberate reflective marker near the driveway entrance - particularly when their house is set back from the road.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I also have a green porch light and carport light, which also helps when you're describing your exact location to EMS. I also tell them the make and color of my vehicle sitting in the carport.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Guy just came to our neighborhood doing curb numbers for $10 each. Nice bright ink. Very good deal and they look sharp. I got 3, 2 on either side of driveway and one by my sidewalk.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

howdy

Post by howdy »

I can relate to the OP. I am a Paramedic and this was one of the most frustrating things we dealt with. I live where house numbers are built into the brick of the house. They are inset into the brick and the lights cast a shadow and you can't read the numbers. I now have one of the small 1000 lumen torch lights and it will lite up the world.

I still teach CPR classes and one of my big "must do's" is have someone outside to direct the first responders. I know this is not always possible. We would get call from a Church or school only to arrive with no clue as to WHERE on campus the emergency existed. Like someone said, this is really frustrating when responding to a cardiac arrest, baby choking, or other urgent call.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “Off-Topic”