Conducting a sale ?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chuck j
Posts in topic: 2

Conducting a sale ?

Post by chuck j »

In the process of conducting a private gun sale with an individual (buying or selling) how do you proceed and what are your requirements ? Thank you .

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Conducting a sale ?

Post by RPBrown »

All that is required is they give you money and you give them a gun.
I personally will do a bill of sale with name and address.
Use your instincts as to who you sell to
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carlson1 »

When dealing with someone off of this Forum or someone I don't know I like it best when they have a LTC. If not I want to look at their Texas DL just to make sure they are a Texas resident.

As said above use your instincts. I have only had one deal that I walked away from and that was a guy who pulled up in a taxi. He had a red bandana wrapped around his head and his pants wrapped around his knee. This was a Christmas time several years ago.

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I require a bill of sale and give the same . Do you feel that is too much to require ? It seems a simple and customary thing to do . In my opinion if both party's are acting in good faith it's the way it's done .

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Cash only. As the buyer I want a receipt/BoS and I'll give one as the seller, but I don't think the seller needs a receipt any more than Target needs a receipt from me if I buy a television and pay cash.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

bigtek wrote:Cash only. As the buyer I want a receipt/BoS and I'll give one as the seller, but I don't think the seller needs a receipt any more than Target needs a receipt from me if I buy a television and pay cash.
I'll let the real lawyers chime in, but even a cash sale is a "contract" under the Uniform Commercial Code. For "valuable consideration" (your cash, check, CC, etc.) a seller relinquishes ownership in an item. Offer and acceptance. With a contract both buyer and seller may require proof of the terms of the transfer (in this case a receipt). In the case of a private gun sale, both the buyer and seller may request whatever paperwork they deem necessary for whatever reason they deem necessary. As long as they both agree, there's a "sale." "Cash" has nothing to do with it.

I'm not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice. Just my opinion.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

G26ster wrote:I'll let the real lawyers chime in, but even a cash sale is a "contract" under the Uniform Commercial Code. For "valuable consideration" (your cash, check, CC, etc.) a seller relinquishes ownership in an item. Offer and acceptance. With a contract both buyer and seller may require proof of the terms of the transfer (in this case a receipt). In the case of a private gun sale, both the buyer and seller may request whatever paperwork they deem necessary for whatever reason they deem necessary. As long as they both agree, there's a "sale." "Cash" has nothing to do with it.

My apologies if I confused you by answering the OP's question. :roll:
chuck j wrote:how do you proceed and what are your requirements ?

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

bigtek wrote:
G26ster wrote:I'll let the real lawyers chime in, but even a cash sale is a "contract" under the Uniform Commercial Code. For "valuable consideration" (your cash, check, CC, etc.) a seller relinquishes ownership in an item. Offer and acceptance. With a contract both buyer and seller may require proof of the terms of the transfer (in this case a receipt). In the case of a private gun sale, both the buyer and seller may request whatever paperwork they deem necessary for whatever reason they deem necessary. As long as they both agree, there's a "sale." "Cash" has nothing to do with it.

My apologies if I confused you by answering the OP's question. :roll:
chuck j wrote:how do you proceed and what are your requirements ?
I was responding to your "cash only" and "I don't think the seller needs a receipt any more than Target needs a receipt from me if I buy a television and pay cash." It appeared to me that you believed "cash sales" were different than other types of sales. That's all.

Return to “Off-Topic”