Alice Cooper? You've Got to Be Kidding!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Alice Cooper? You've Got to Be Kidding!!

Post by mojo84 »

NotRPB, best wishes for a smooth surgery and complete recovery.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NotRPB »

mojo84 wrote:NotRPB, best wishes for a smooth surgery and complete recovery.
Thank you, had bilateral repaired in 1957, then in about 2005 I was in such good shape with the washboard abs (LOL) I tore one side loose exercising, was going to get it fixed in Feb, 2006 got busy caretaking different relatives until now. (Told my niece I may still have the washboard, it's just been all camouflaged under 45 pounds of camo the last 11 years.

nonleg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nonleg »

In the same vein, how many would know Gene Simmons has never drank? It's a great skill to know how to develop and market a personality and not betray your core beliefs. Sad that a Metallica concert is a safer venue than being at an Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift type of concert. Nobody has bombed a Danzig concert yet, either. Dave Mustaine of Megadeth is also prominently Christian, which I learned about ~2001. This shouldn't have been much of a surprise to anyone if you read the lyrics of any album they published, and realized the sarcasm in their album covers (Peace Sells, but Who's Buying? Really?)

A lot of these guys also started having kids after the prime of their careers which might also be responsible for a lot of their re-centering back to G-d, or to at least a more altruistic stance (See: Vince Neil :( ).

History is full of 25 year olds that think they're immortal that realize otherwise thereafter. Whether they can sing or play or not isn't much of a determiner I think.
Let's not overthink this. Whatever it is.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mrvmax »

apvonkanel wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
NotRPB wrote: "Love the Sinner; Hate the Sin"
Where do people get that from, what biblical reference? I hear that stated a lot but wondering what it's based on.
While it's not a statement from Scripture, Christ said very clearly that loving your neighbor was second only to loving God himself. There is NO qualifier on the word translated as "neighbor" (πλησίον). In the Greek it means plainly those nearby. With the improvements in communication and travel, the word "neighbor" covers substantially more than it used to.
He also said to "love your enemy" (hostile). He gave no qualifications, exceptions, or caveats. Odd how so many forget that part. and it's not those hostile towards you. It's anyone that with whom hostility is involved, whether coming from them or ourselves. Essentially, if you don't love them, you need to love them.

So while the adage of "Love the sinner, hate the sin" isn't a direct quote from Holy Scripture, I believe that any Christian (if you don't believe the Bible, this isn't relevant to you) that's disputing it's validity as a scriptural principal should probably go back and review the red letters. And the rest of the gospel accounts. And the Epistles. Go ahead and throw in the Acts of the Apostles and the Revelation of John. While you're at it, might as well start at the beginning. Probably better that way.
I'll admit that I asked a loaded question that I knew the answer to. My purpose in asking was to get people to think about that phrase since it is overused and thrown out frequently. I am actually surprised how many people could back it up with scripture.

apvonkanel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by apvonkanel »

mrvmax wrote: I'll admit that I asked a loaded question that I knew the answer to. My purpose in asking was to get people to think about that phrase since it is overused and thrown out frequently. I am actually surprised how many people could back it up with scripture.
That's fair. I had to write a paper on it in college (my degree is in Biblical Theology), because I had the exact same challenge posed to me by a professor. It's always been a hot-button issue with me, because so many of our brothers and sisters seem to ignore the command to love your enemy when it comes to political and foreign affairs. Especially those of us in the Bible Belt. If you believe Scripture to tell the truth, you are called to re-prioritize your citizenships and affiliations. Just as issues reveal RINO's, they also reveal CINO's.
In the Navy I learned to love the Mossberg 590A1 and hate the Beretta M9

Return to “Off-Topic”