Crypto-currencies

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Crypto-currencies

Post by pbwalker »

ninjabread wrote:
"Ok, dude. You just made my block list"
At this rate it might be a block chain soon.

:leaving
hahaha! :lol: :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PUCKER »

OldCannon wrote:
PUCKER wrote:Alright - I'm late to the party....cliff notes?
My summary:
(snipped for length)
I think that summarizes it. :tiphat:
Appreciate it! :tiphat:

There is risk with anything, even breathing these days!! :biggrinjester:

Hey, I'll give you my best stock tip ever - but you'd have to go into the way back time machine...nah, not worth all the drama it would create! :tiphat:

I'll tell you this though - whatever you invest in whatever form it is (traditional equities, crypto, etc), *only* invest what you can safely afford to do, unless you are young and expect to have a looooooong timeline to make that risk/loss back up.

An example: My Dad and I both invested in Apple, way back, pre-split, at $10/share. My Dad got out at $50 per share (pre-split), he made a TREMENDOUS profit at that (5x) - his time horizon is expected to be much shorter, that was all the risk he wanted to take, he invested more money in it than I did and he did really well. Had he stayed in it...well, WOW. I invested a much smaller amount ($2,000) as I did not have much to invest/lose. I really should've invested another zero (I could've but I was younger and that made me a little uncomfortable - but HAD i done that, I might be posting this from my yacht, in the Med!). Well, I've hung on to it, that little investment turned into 140x (as I've continually reinvested it). It got to the point where I needed to rebalance my portfolio as Apple was too much of a high percentage for me, so I've since done that. Granted I've had a lot of losers to "somewhat" balance that great investment out...so, all that said...would I invest in crypto? Maybe, but only with $5-10K, that's the most I'd be willing to lose, I personally would not do a high-stake investment in it. :tiphat:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Abraham »

Wow, the outrage, the "why I've never been so insulted's", huff huff, the 'we' will black list you, ya so and so...

C'mon guys, get real.

Threats of social ostracism?

Credibility based on post count?

One thing's for sure, there's a lot of comedy posted here.

If someone posts something highly unpopular like "I prefer HighPoints over XYZ" I can see a whole chorus of folks going bonkers.

The fun and laugh out loud sheer silliness is a wonder to behold.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Abraham »

AndyC,

Not my point at all.

The thing of value, I had hoped to add, is a bit of levity and perhaps that we're all taking this subject a bit to seriously.

Crypto-Currency and it's equal isn't a cure for cancer, but it's discussion does seem to cause anger...if said discussion isn't rah-rah-sis-boom-bah...

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 32

Post by The Annoyed Man »

It seems to me that this thread has run its course. The naysayers - who neither understood the spirit in which the thread was first posted, nor did they understand the nature of the topic being discussed - aren’t going to allow the people who are <em>already</em> invested and interested to have a friendly discussion about it without ridiculing them, or as happened to me, impugning their character and motives with a scurrilous and vile accusation. I suppose that debby-downers are necessary to all ecosystems, but at this point, I think a moderator ought to lock the thread. This is my last post in it. I hope that those who wrecked it for the rest of us with their negativity and ridicule don’t object when I return the favor in their own threads down the road, as such an objection might constitute a level of hypocrisy that would definitely need to be pointed out in those threads. Maybe then they might lose some of their social tone-deafness and rediscover a respect for the dignity of others.

So with that, I’m going to contact the moderator for this forum and ask that the thread be locked.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:It seems to me that this thread has run its course. The naysayers - who neither understood the spirit in which the thread was first posted, nor did they understand the nature of the topic being discussed - aren’t going to allow the people who are <em>already</em> invested and interested to have a friendly discussion about it without ridiculing them, or as happened to me, impugning their character and motives with a scurrilous and vile accusation. I suppose that debby-downers are necessary to all ecosystems, but at this point, I think a moderator ought to lock the thread. This is my last post in it. I hope that those who wrecked it for the rest of us with their negativity and ridicule don’t object when I return the favor in their own threads down the road, as such an objection might constitute a level of hypocrisy that would definitely need to be pointed out in those threads. Maybe then they might lose some of their social tone-deafness and rediscover a respect for the dignity of others.

So with that, I’m going to contact the moderator for this forum and ask that the thread be locked.
:iagree: What a shame that this forum seems to be sinking to low level of respect for others opinions and thoughts.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”