OK I'm getting jealous!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

gduncan52
Posts in topic: 1

Re: OK I'm getting jealous!!

Post by gduncan52 »

I live in Grand Prairie near 360 and New York, so, I would be interested in a meet and greet, also.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I don't want to hijack this thread but I will be in Cleburne on Saturday, June 17th for a fundraiser benefiting the Brain and Neurological Treatment Foundation. A very dear friend of ours sings in the band that is playing. What better place for a meet and greet. They will be having food, music, and silent auctions. From 3:00pm to 10:00pm at the Chisholm Trail Rustic Venue @ 100 Chisholm Trail. No cover charge to get in
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

LucasMcCain wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
LucasMcCain wrote:There's a Rudy's barbecue right on the service road of I-20 in south Arlington. No signs and pro gun as far as I know. Really big inside with lots of long tables and benches and such. It's the best chain restaurant barbecue I've had. Just a suggestion. It's also in the same parking lot as Gander Mountain.

Works for me. It is only about 30 miles from my house. I'm flexible, within reason, I don't mind going a little further. I just want to have a meet and greet with all of the folks I banter with on here.
BBQ for breakfast? Ok, this is Texas after all. I'm in.
I don't see it on their website, but I would have sworn they had a breakfast menu. After all, they open at 6 am. I'll try to swing by tomorrow or the next day and report back.
We do our Houston West Quadrant Breakfast at Rudy's in Katy. It ain't good old Tex Mex breakfast tacos, for sure, but it's pretty good. And yes, they're 2A friendly, and a good place to meet up.

I hope y'all can get a monthly meetup going up there like we're doing here in Houston. It's tons of fun, and you get to hang out with some like-minded individuals. (and woe be to the fool that tries to rob Rudy's that morning) "rlol"
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasTornado »

I'm jealous too, but I think ya'll are a little too SW for me. I'm up in Sherman so Ft.Worth is nearly 100 miles of nasty construction no matter which way I travel. :grumble
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Perhaps we could split it up, like they did the Houston meetings.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

Flightmare wrote:Perhaps we could split it up, like they did the Houston meetings.
May have to. I'd drive as far as the Dallas/Grapevine area on a Saturday afternoon, but Ft. Worth is a bear.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote:Perhaps we could split it up, like they did the Houston meetings.
DFW area big enough for at least 4 splits, in my humble opinion. Getting 4 groups going would be great. Then maybe a quarterly or semi-annual gathering of everyone.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Jusme »

I'm willing to travel, so if you have a place to suggest, don't be afraid to post it.
I used to work at Alliance airport. Drove up there every morning for a two years, so meeting up on a Saturday morning won't be a problem for me. I just don't want the mosquito capital of Texas to be able to do something we can't do. Let's just make it happen, we can alternate locations, to keep one person, or group to have to do all the driving.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Post by 869 »

bblhd672 wrote:
The wife and I were at the gun store getting new night sights put on my M&P 2.0. While we were waiting one of the guys behind the counter asked me if I had seen anything I couldn't live without. I turned and pointed at my wife and said "her." Major points awarded! :biggrinjester:
Nailed it!

Rudy's for breakfast is a stellar option. Fantastic breakfast tacos!

tk1700

Post by tk1700 »

I'm in Granbury and would be interested in getting together on the SW side of DFW somewhere.

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

Do we need an invite to participate in this meeting, or is this the invite lol? From Cleburne

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

tk1700 wrote:I'm in Granbury and would be interested in getting together on the SW side of DFW somewhere.

I think parabelum and other members are in the Granbury area. If we can get enough interest in that area, I'm there. Just want to start something in the huge DFW area, maybe several somethings, and then have a huge get together,with everyone, to go shooting or just sit around and tell stories (true or not) about our experiences.

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Jnazee wrote:Do we need an invite to participate in this meeting, or is this the invite lol? From Cleburne

This is an open invite, let's set a a date time and place!!

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJSully421 »

A few pieces of unsolicited advice. We used to do Fort Worth gatherings on AR15.com about quarterly, and the only way to do it is for someone to pick a place, a date, and a time and put it out there. If you can make it, great! If you cannot, then we will see you next time.

All of the "Hey, I am busy that date, can we make it the next week?" and such is finally what killed it. Changing to accommodate one person would conflict with 2-3 others, and in the chaos, it just stopped happening. Pick it, and do it... even if it is you and one other person.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

Jusme wrote:
Jnazee wrote:Do we need an invite to participate in this meeting, or is this the invite lol? From Cleburne

This is an open invite, let's set a a date time and place!!
Great, I'll be watching for the date and time. :woohoo

Return to “Off-Topic”