Automated Aisle parking?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
maggystan
Posts in topic: 1

Automated Aisle parking?

Post by maggystan »

Is there any one who can help me out? i want to install automated parking system at my garage and for that i need few ideas.

Nuts

Re: Automated Aisle parking?

Post by Nuts »

Tennis ball and string.

Park your car where you want it and hang the tennis bal skit just touches the windshield. When you park, stop when it touch the window again. Then hang something on the wall straight in front of the drivers side that you can line up on. When you park your car will be within inches every time.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Nuts wrote:Tennis ball and string.

Park your car where you want it and hang the tennis bal skit just touches the windshield. When you park, stop when it touch the window again. Then hang something on the wall straight in front of the drivers side that you can line up on. When you park your car will be within inches every time.
:iagree:
This is what I do, I probably have an inch and a half in front of the truck and 3 inches behind. I wouldn't be able to park in my garage without it.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

:iagree:
This is what I did before the CFO filled the garage with craft stuff which is overflow from her craft room we had built. I think she has become a hoarder.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

Park as suggested above, adjust the string and tennis (or ping pong) ball so that it touches exactly where the rear view mirror attaches to the windshield. Just guide the car to that spot each time you park and you'll be golden.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

Several companies sell automated parking assist devices. Here is just one of many out there. http://www.sears.com/striker-concepts-u ... aQodYu8IGA
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

rotor

Post by rotor »

We use one of those laser assisted ceiling mounted units. They have them at Amazon. Type in laser parking assist. Can get for one or two cars. Motion activated, just set the beam to hit your dash at the desired location and you are there. Works great.

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

I do not like the tennis ball and string method because it puts a ball hanging in the way when I am building something in the garage. If I hang the ball out of the way then later I forget to drop it down before pulling the SUV in.

So my method is I built an I shaped spacer for one of the front tires to space it from the wall. It is made from 2x4s. The top and bottom of the I are vertical single 2x4s with the middle post of the I being two stacked horizontal 2x4s.

MrMcCullster

Post by MrMcCullster »

Buy some of those yellow tire "bumps".

They mount to the floor and are similar to what they use at most auto-shops to get a car ready to go on the lifts. They should give the driver feedback as they roll over them and when they need to stop, and will allow you to repeat the same process each time.

Also, they'll give the user a visual cue on where to point the car from outside the garage.

http://wikiglob3.com/awesome-garage-parking-aid-ideas/

Return to “Off-Topic”