Has anyone heard from Mr Cotton?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Has anyone heard from Mr Cotton?

Post by Jnazee »

So sorry to hear about all the damage. But very happy to hear that y'all are well. God is good!

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Glad to hear from you Charles, and like the others am thankful that you and yours are safe, albeit a bit worse for wear. I too was so proud to be from Texas, when I saw all of the reports of strangers helping strangers, doing whatever it took to get people out, and moved to safety. I know it will take a while to get back to any semblance of "normal", but we will be here, and if there is anything you need, or anyone you know about, that we can assist, don't hesitate to reach out.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Prayers continue for you guys Charles. Hope all goes smoothly in your and all your friends and neighbors restoration efforts.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Charles,

In my tradition we say the "Blessing of Thanksgiving" when someone has survived a life threatening situation:

"Blessed are You, Lord our G‑d, King of the universe, Who bestows kindness upon the culpable, for He has bestowed goodness to me".

And the congregational response, which I offer to you:

"May He who has bestowed beneficence upon you always bestow every beneficence upon you"

I hope that you are soon back up & running and doing more good works!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I'm so glad you're safe sir. Take care of yourself and your wife.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I "mudded out" a few houses with a group between deployments with the TXSG. Yours was not one of the ones I did but I can tell you that I was astounded by the amount of people that showed up to help that did not know the group or the homeowner. They simply showed up in the neighborhood and helped!
GOD BLESS TEXAS
:txflag:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Me. Cotton

Just because a contractor is bonded doesn't really mean squat to you unless you require them to provide you with a payment and performance bond ( most residential contractors won't be able to provide this) .Also make sure they have a builders risk insurance policy as they will be working on a existing building. General Liability is not enough. Additionally , the State of Texas does not require a General Contractor to be licensed. However, your local jurisdiction may require a GC to have a license ( this is generally only a revenue grab and provides you no assurance that the GC is compitent),

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I am just getting things back in order myself and I am sorry to hear about this Charles. I am thankful you and the family are OK. While I am late to this, please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all.
Psalm 91:2

jocat54

Post by jocat54 »

Just a suggestion for anyone that has flood damage==if you are not satisfied with your insurance adjuster, you can hire an independent adjuster to give and estimate( they usually work for a percentage over the insurance estimate). We had to do this when we lived on the Guadalupe River in Seguin and got flooded-it was amazing to me the difference it made, it was big $$$ .
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Return to “Off-Topic”