Beer

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Beer

Post by bblhd672 »

Beer? Yes please. :biggrinjester:

Last few months my beer of choice has been Revolver Brewing. Currently have High Brass and Sidewinder in the fridge.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

RoyGBiv wrote:One of my favorites... when I can find it... (seasonal)
Made in TX! :txflag:

That looks good. Except that bottle looks a lot like a can.

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 6

Post by pbwalker »

Pariah3j wrote:@pbwalker

Being that you like craft beer and they don't make what you like locally have you ever considered brewing your own? Homemade is the way to go ;-)
Oh, quite the opposite actually. They make a lot of what I like locally, and the stuff that isn't brewed here is usually available at a few of the smaller ma & pa shops. That being said though, I have been looking at a small scale homebrew setup. I don't even know where to begin, so I'm going to have to ping one of the brewers at a local brewery we frequent. The place is small enough that we've become friends with the husband and wife that own the place, so I'm lucky I have access to their head brewer. I just happen to have a perfect spot in the basement where I can set up a nice rig if necessary. Maybe get good enough at brewing beer that I can finally get myself out of the IT industry once and for all. :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:

That looks good. Except that bottle looks a lot like a can.
Cans are finally losing the stigma (just like screw cap wines) because of the quality improvements. But I still need to pour it in to a glass...I only drink out of a can if I'm fishing.

Topic author
pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

If anyone can get their hands on anything from Against the Grain out of Kentucky, buy it!

They have a great IPA called "Citra A** Down" made with a healthy amount of Citra hops. IBU of 68, 8.2% ABV. Real smooth, easy drinker. They also make a English Brown called "The Brown Note" that's real good with spicy BBQ.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

pbwalker wrote: Maybe get good enough at brewing beer that I can finally get myself out of the IT industry once and for all. :lol:
If I thought I could make enough gunsmithing, I would flee IT as well. :lol:

Karbach makes some good stuff.

And an IBU of 80+? Dear goodness man. :shock:
Psalm 91:2

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

A good beginning resource I might point out:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/topics/arti ... er-brewing

Some good articles for getting started there. There are beginner kits you can get pretty cheap but more or less all you need to get started is a 5-gallon stainless steel pot, large stainless or wooden spoon, and something to ferment in. There is even brewing kits for beginners you can buy that have the malt/syrup plus hops and instructions. They are basically the hamburger helper of home-brewing. Just be warned that homebrewing is much like the gun hobby - it can be expensive and the rabbit hole is as deep as you are willing to dive in.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

If you vant to be a Viking, you have to drink ze Gulden Draak! :mrgreen:

Belgians are amazing, stouts and porters are my go-to, and I've even been known to enjoy the occasional bock or IPA. In extremely hot climates I'm partial to blondes.

Anything from Evil Twin or Real Ale is gonna be good, too. :cheers2:

Man I wish I had beer money. :cryin
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Post by allisji »

as a Houston area resident, Karbach is one of my goto brewers year round. Also from Houston I like 8th Wonder brewery, especially their Dome Faux'm cream ale.

Elsewhere in Texas I also like Real Ale brewing co. In winter I go for their Coffee Porter, in summer I like their Gose.

One of my favorites is from Santa Fe brewing Co and it's Java Stout.

I'm also a fan of Boulevard beer from Kansas City as I came from Kansas. Especially I like their signature Boulevard Wheat.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

I happened to find this at Spec's in Lubbock just now. I don't have much money for beer right now, but I picked up 2 cans on your recommendation. Can't wait to try it tonight! Imperials are my favorites. :drool:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

imkopaka wrote:

I happened to find this at Spec's in Lubbock just now. I don't have much money for beer right now, but I picked up 2 cans on your recommendation. Can't wait to try it tonight! Imperials are my favorites. :drool:
I hope you like it as much as I do! :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Off-Topic”