BEWARE of Scams From Armslist

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

BEWARE of Scams From Armslist

Post by carlson1 »

Listed a pistol on Armslist and received an email from this guy inquiring about the price. Then today he sends the below email in perfectly broken English.
Good to read from you. The price is okay for the condition of the Item . I am located in Colorado and I relocated here 2 weeks ago. I relocated for work. I have other stuffs in my old apartment which I already made arrangement with a moving company to deliver to my new house here. My stuffs includes (refrigerator, gun wardrobe, kitchen items, grand piano, garage items, Big tires, baby stuffs and a WW2 M1 carbine). An agent from moving company will meet with you for pick up So you won't have to ship it. For the payment, I will be mailing you a cashiers check and I will as well add extra $100 to the asking price if you can hold it for me till check arrives and cashed. we can work that in due time after payment is through. If this is OK, please get in touch with your name and mailing address to send the cashiers check to. Include your phone # as well so I will be able to reach you without depending on Internet. Thanks

Tex1961

Re: BEWARE of Scams From Armslist

Post by Tex1961 »

Classic scam.. You should string him along for a while... At least get some entertainment value out of it..

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Tex1961 wrote:Classic scam.. You should string him along for a while... At least get some entertainment value out of it..
:hurry: Hadn’t thought of that. :evil2:

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

Tex1961 wrote:Classic scam.. You should string him along for a while... At least get some entertainment value out of it..
I enjoy doing just that. My favorite is trying to get more free tickets on a cruise or extra rooms on a vacation stay so that I can keep my other 4 wives from getting jealous because I took the youngest wife with me. :evil2:
Last edited by twomillenium on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

note that most moving companies will NOT move firearms or ammunition ...

flechero

Post by flechero »

Add $200 and tell him if the mover is also his FFL you'll throw in a box of ammo. :lol:

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

... and lure the "mover" to the police.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Meh. You should hold out for the prince from Nairobi who has the 250 million dollars he wants to transfer to you.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Man that thing has been going strong for years. I had somebody try that when I was selling a car on Craig's List 15 years ago or so.
Psalm 91:2

dlh

Post by dlh »

"Gun wardrobe"---hilarious. Maybe that would work on my wife---honey, I need a new "wardrobe!"----muahahahhaha
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

bmwrdr wrote:

I think the ATF would be more interested if he's a resident of Colorado trying to buy a pistol in Texas.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

ninjabread wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:

I think the ATF would be more interested if he's a resident of Colorado trying to buy a pistol in Texas.
:iagree: And a non FFL mover. One more reason to set them both up for a surprise.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

rotor

Post by rotor »

What was your first clue?

Captain Matt

Post by Captain Matt »

dlh wrote:"Gun wardrobe"---hilarious. Maybe that would work on my wife---honey, I need a new "wardrobe!"----muahahahhaha
I think he was talking about a piece of furniture, but you never can tell with these people.
"hic sunt dracones"

Return to “Off-Topic”