BEWARE of Scams From Armslist

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 1

Re: BEWARE of Scams From Armslist

Post by nightmare69 »

Classic Craigslist scam emails I still get everytime I list an item.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

If you do decide to screw around with these wing nuts, please keep us updated.. I just love human interest stories....

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

The saddest part of all this: These scammers are often successful. A non-trivial percentage of the population still falls for this. So long as it works, the scammers will keep trying.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Hhmmmm, I've never used anything like C.L. as I give away stuff I've no longer use for.

Of late, all 3 of my kayaks, paddles, pfd's, etc. Of course, I gave them to my daughter and grandchildren.

As it is my shoulders are a mess, can't paddle, can't set a hook most especially if I were to hook a monster Redfish.

Next to be given away will be all my tackle from Shimano Curado reels, among other reels, custom made rods, jillions of lures, tackle box, and everything else associated with fishing.

Yep, they'll go to my daughter and grandchildren who I taught to paddle kayaks and chunk lures. They're big into paddling and fishing. Sure they already have some gear, but I enjoy giving away stuff rather than go through the hassle of selling. I'm not being altruistic as giving stuff away to those I know is easier than the bother of dealing with strangers. I've given away a ton of stuff over the years and not always to family.
Doing this is soooooooo much easier than trying to sell stuff.

Anyway, my point is, if you're able to give away stuff to those you know who can use it, rather than have the bother of a passel of strangers coming to your house or even meeting them somewhere if what you want to sell is small enough is avoided all together and you won't be subject to scammers or people trying to negotiate with insulting amounts they're willing to part with for your stuff.

I tried selling something once.

A perfect condition 20 ga. Browning Citori with a Schnabel fore end over and under shotgun worth about $1500.00. The first guy that showed up offered me his best offer of $300.00. Uh-huh, I decided from then on, selling my stuff isn't something I'd ever do in the future and I haven't.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

Abraham wrote:
A perfect condition 20 ga. Browning Citori with a Schnabel fore end over and under shotgun worth about $1500.00. The first guy that showed up offered me his best offer of $300.00. Uh-huh, I decided from then on, selling my stuff isn't something I'd ever do in the future and I haven't.
I've bought and sold multitudes of things online through this forum, Craigs List, Nextdoor, etc and have had nary a problem. Individual experience is really a curious thing isn't it?

Please don't think I'm criticizing you, if I had gone through that experience I doubt I'd be inclined to sell anything either.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “Off-Topic”