Austin.....sure it is in Texas?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Austin.....sure it is in Texas?

Post by WTR »

Came to visit my Mon and Sis's family in Austin. Go to a convienence store. Bike lanes aren't big enough for the self righteous bicycle riders. They want the entire road and the traffic laws do not apply to them. I buy a half dozen items at the store and I pay for them. I then ask for a bag and I'm told I would have to pay extra for that. I think I woke up in Cali.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Austin.....sure it is in Texas?

Post by bmwrdr »

ALDI charges extra for a plastic or paper bag.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WTR »

bmwrdr wrote:ALDI charges extra for a plastic or paper bag.
I remember HEB changing extra for bags......but 7-11...... Give me a break. At least HEB provides a cart you can carry your items out in. Now I know why my Mom requests Wal Mart bags when I come.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

The Texas economy is reliant on plastics.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SewTexas »

I could be wrong but I think it's an Austin or Travis Co ord. One of the many reason reasons why I will never live in either. We'll hopefully live back up there sometime, but it will be Williamson Co.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Prime example of how leftists infiltrate, like little parasites they are.

infoman

Post by infoman »

I live in Austin, & I like it! I’m proud to be a longhorn fan too. I’m also a democrate. I’m also proud to be a senior member of this great forum! & I did not vote for Trump. I guess I’m only one that has all these in common on here.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

infoman wrote:I live in Austin, & I like it! I’m proud to be a longhorn fan too. I’m also a democrate. I’m also proud to be a senior member of this great forum! & I did not vote for Trump. I guess I’m only one that has all these in common on here.
Congratulations. You’ve hammered seven in one! ... 1.Live in Austin, 2. and love it,3. longhorn fan, 4. a “democrate”, 5. senior member of forum, 6. did not vote for Trump (all roads lead to Trump), 7. only one with “common” sense. :hurry: :woohoo :thewave

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bmwrdr »

WTR wrote:
bmwrdr wrote:ALDI charges extra for a plastic or paper bag.
I remember HEB changing extra for bags......but 7-11...... Give me a break. At least HEB provides a cart you can carry your items out in. Now I know why my Mom requests Wal Mart bags when I come.
That's funny, I actually like the fact some are concerned about OUR environment. If I go shopping I bring my pocket sized stuffed shopping bag. Should I go to stores where bags are supplied I put those in a dedicated drawer and reuse them, it comes in handy at times to have a plastic sack.

:cheers2:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

You are paying for the bags either way. You don't think Kroger just gives them away, do you? At least with Aldi, you have a choice to pay for the bag or not.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

I like my bags. They get used as trash bags for the bathroom, lunch sacks, padding for packages, etc.
NRA Benefactor Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

infoman wrote:I live in Austin, & I like it! I’m proud to be a longhorn fan too. I’m also a democrate. I’m also proud to be a senior member of this great forum! & I did not vote for Trump. I guess I’m only one that has all these in common on here.
Well, if you’re a “democrate” you must have attended a democrat-run school. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Is it legal for democrates to have guns?

infoman

Post by infoman »

I made a simple typo, you guys are rude. I’m just saying not everyone on this forum votes republican.

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

If you care at all about gun rights - which I assume you do since you're a member of this forum - I cannot imagine how you could support the Democratic party. But to each his own.

For the OP, Austin has had a city ordinance prohibiting stores from using plastic bags for a few years now. Maybe 5 or so? Not sure. I believe other cities do this as well. They claim enviornmental concerns, but who knows? I've often wondered why governments can intrude upon private businesses in this manner but for some reason we can't require those same businesses to at least allow licensed concealed carry. I'm getting really tired of the double standard.

Return to “Off-Topic”