Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Allegations of Inappropriate Conduct? Schadenfreude at work?

Post by anygunanywhere »

bblhd672 wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Who hasn't been guilty of "inappropriate conduct" of some sort or another at some time or another?
I was a submarine sailor- off the boat our lives were filled with “inappropriate conduct”! :biggrinjester:
The good old days.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

wil
Posts in topic: 3

Post by wil »

talltex wrote:
wil wrote:I don't doubt the leftist types are guilty, given how much hypocrisy we've seen in them on so many other things why would we not expect this kind've behavior when they have the power to get away with it?

Secondly, as vociferously as they scream such accusations at republicans about the 'war on women' it make sense it is no more than them projecting onto us who and what they are. Deep down they know darn well the vast majority of people on this side of the political fence do not engage in such behavior, and they hate us because that truth is something they don't want to face about themselves.

Notice so far the only republican accused of anything, Moore, has had his accusers crawl back into the woodwork when his attorney demanded they produce the yearbook for forensic examination. As soon as it was time to: "put up or shut up"
Where is Allred and her client / Accuser of Moore? Silence from them both......

They are now reaping what they've sown, remember back in the `09's "..it's just sex" and "...character doesn't matter, it's the economy stupid..."
Times have changed politically and culturally, the left has not and it's finally catching up to them.
Do you honestly believe that a person's political party affiliation grants them a position of moral superiority? The legislature in both Austin and Washington ( and every other state) is full of corruption, graft, kickbacks, influence peddling and under the table deals, regardless of which political party has control. It has always been that way. That is how the system operates, and being Republican or Democrat doesn't equate to saints and sinners.
you highlighted the very reason why this question you posted is wrong on it's own basis.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

This whole thing is quite a conundrum.

Why did so many wait so long to speak up? The easy answer is that they were either paid or because they had something else to gain (career) by remaining silent. While there are many that didn't remain silent and were either not believed or marginalized or flat out threatened and or destroyed so that no one would believe them. (A-la Clintonized?)

I wonder if any of the people that kept their mouths shut have any guilt towards others that were victimized after them because they kept their mouths shut.

I also have a great deal of concern that such drastic consequences are being levied without much or any evidence in many of these cases. However, I wonder if my issues with this are a sign of the times where we often demand proof and want it settled in court. Things like this used to be handle by the community. A lot of things used to be handled by the community. My own internal struggle is that I'm not really sure I don't think the community can't do a better job at "policing" things like this better than LE and the courts. It seems that in many of these situations the abusers behavior was known, but nothing was done about it. The community failed to do its job before and is now being forced to do so. The only thing that still disappoints me about it that it is all money related rather than morality based. It appears as though several of these abusers' behavior was known, but swept under the rug until they were either exposed or about to be and the fired to protect the company instead of the victims and potential victims.

My head is so full of thoughts on this that I can't quite get all the words in a comprehensive order to make sense of it all. My daughter asked me what my thoughts were about all this a few days ago and so did another young woman I work with. That young woman said she liked watching NBC's morning show and Matt Lauer and was shocked at the accusations. I told her that any of them are true and there are more coming out every day and that my problems with many of the accused is that they apparently didn't think they were or had done anything wrong.

C-dubs basic rule for behavior around women:
Don't touch her beyond a handshake unless she's your girlfriend or wife or it's your job. My daughter asked about the job thing. Actor, doctor, nurse, etc..
As for how to speak to another woman if she's not your wife or girlfriend, I like to follow to 10 year old girl rule we have here on the forum. One could also say that you shouldn't talk to another woman any other way than how you would talk to your own daughter or mom or how you would want others to talk to your daughter or mom.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

Rep. Blake Farenthold settled sexual harassment claim for $84,000
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congres ... 00-n825696

Supposedly used public money.

There should be a statute of limitations as far as taking these claims serious. Not sure what would be fair but it seems there should be some time limit. I saw where Midler rehashed claims Geraldo Rivera abused her back in the 70's. Where will this end?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

These accusations can be bought. This may be the only offense a person can be charged with and is guilty until proven innocent. Even then, the scars remain.

Return to “Off-Topic”