D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
philip964

D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

Postby philip964 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm

G26ster

Re: D.C.: Al Franken resigns - he made me laugh for the first time.

Postby G26ster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:11 pm

He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.

WTR

Postby WTR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 pm

:iagree:

montgomery

Postby montgomery » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 pm

G26ster wrote:He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.

Political football while the taxpayers foot the bill.

Where is the outrage over spending millions of taxpayer dollars on "settlements"?

bblhd672

Postby bblhd672 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 pm

montgomery wrote:
G26ster wrote:He didn't resign. He said he "will resign in the coming weeks." My bet is that if Roy Moore wins in AL, Franken will withdraw that statement claiming that he won't go unless Roy Moore goes too. The Dems urged Franken to resign so they could claim the moral high ground by claiming he "did the right thing" while Trump and Roy Moore did not do the same based on the allegations against them. Political football at it's finest. The circus in D.C has become unbelievable.

Political football while the taxpayers foot the bill.

Where is the outrage over spending millions of taxpayer dollars on "settlements"?

The people who are constantly "outraged" over everything probably don't pay any taxes, so it's not their money so why be upset?
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member
“What ‘gun law’ would have prevented the Sutherland Springs church massacre? Or the Las Vegas massacre?"

Abraham

Postby Abraham » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:15 pm

franken and weiner are cut from the same rotten fabric.

OldCannon
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Postby OldCannon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:17 pm

I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

In the end, politicians win. Always.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Soccerdad1995

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:33 pm

OldCannon wrote:I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

I'm fine with that gambit as long as the GOP appointee isn't Luther Strange, who gave a donation to the Dem in that race.

There is a huge difference between Moore and Franken. Moore is facing unproven allegations. Franken has admitted guilt.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

rotor

Postby rotor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
OldCannon wrote:I don't think that plays well for the dems. My guess, he stays either way. If a Dem wins, there's no election focus and he can simply decide he's not running for reelection, if GOP wins, they claim moral high ground. Gambit here is Moore wins and then resigns to a GOP appointee.

I'm fine with that gambit as long as the GOP appointee isn't Luther Strange, who gave a donation to the Dem in that race.

There is a huge difference between Moore and Franken. Moore is facing unproven allegations. Franken has admitted guilt.

Flake did. I didn't know Strange did too.

striker55

Postby striker55 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 am

While resigning he mentions Trump, class act for an ass.

parabelum

Postby parabelum » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:21 am

Abraham wrote:franken and weiner are cut from the same rotten fabric.

I suggest new legislation imposing strick penalties for these “shenanigans” be called “Franken-Weiner” act. :lol::
III%

Return to “Off-Topic”