Sling Shot recommendation

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sling Shot recommendation

Post by cmgee67 »

Blow dart gun! Quiet and effective. Although if you don’t head shot or heart shot, yours neighbors may see a squirrel with some little pins stickin out of him. Airsoft pistol would be a good idea. It wouldn’t kill em but you can keep them run off. You could trap and relocate if you wanted.

Squirrels are tasty critters! You can make you a good dinner with a couple of em. Although just a warning don’t use your wife’s good pans because if you do you might find out how comfortable your couch really is! :shock:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

While not as much fun as sling shots, paintball guns, or even blow darts, large rat traps mounted about 5 ft high on several trees baited with peanut butter, brings bushy tail activities to an end very effectively.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

Marksman makes a Nice one !
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I use a wrist rocketed marbles.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote:
RicoTX wrote:What do you guys have against squirrels? Not being sarcastic....just curious?
Furry tailed little rats! They get into the attic. They eat the bird see my wife puts out for the birds. My dogs bark at them as they stay just out of reach, while my wife is trying to sleep. She works at night in her hospital.

We haven't had this problem yet, but for some folks they get into the engine bay of vehicles and chew up the wires for some reason.
They also carry a lot fleas. Not good for the house pets.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Squirrels do untold millions of dollars in damage every year. They damage people's homes, commercial buildings, grain stores, and cause communications outages by chewing through cables. Squirrels probably cause more power outages than lightning. The only bright spot in that is a squirrel that causes a power outage doesn't generally survive to ever do it again.

Squirrels are even hazardous to motorcycle riders! ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

They eat, Tangerines. They don't even eat the whole thing. They take a bite and move on to another and another.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

If you use an air soft or other type of pistol - it's practice!

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Pawpaw wrote:Squirrels do untold millions of dollars in damage every year. They damage people's homes, commercial buildings, grain stores, and cause communications outages by chewing through cables. Squirrels probably cause more power outages than lightning. The only bright spot in that is a squirrel that causes a power outage doesn't generally survive to ever do it again.

Squirrels are even hazardous to motorcycle riders! ;-)
My brother had to have his manual transmission rebuilt because squirrels were bringing their nuts underneath and eating them on top of the linkage. Eventually shells fell into just the right position to allow the clutch to just engage but not fully, and the partial engagement burned out the clutch. His mechanic (in Massachusetts) said he sees that all the time.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

The Annoyed Man wrote: My son and his family, and my wife and I recently all bought a big house together and are now living under one roof. The day we started to move in, we found a dead squirrel in a planter under a tree next to the back fence. It had been there for a while and was beginning to mummify. We threw it out. A month later, we found two more under the same tree in the same spot. I’m pretty sure that the person who lives behind us is shooting them, and dropping them into my yard. If I find another one, I’m going to toss it over the fence with a note attached.
"Son, It may be fun for you, but it ain't much fun for the squirrels, nor my family to pick up the mess. Keep up your squirrel shooting on my property and I'll not be surprised when the squirrels start shooting back.....
Signed, the guy with the ability to teach even a squirrel to shoot"
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Liberty wrote:They eat, Tangerines. They don't even eat the whole thing. They take a bite and move on to another and another.

Thats what they do to my figs and guavas. They ruin them before they ripe enough so i can eat them.

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

Take Down Sicko wrote:
Liberty wrote:They eat, Tangerines. They don't even eat the whole thing. They take a bite and move on to another and another.

Thats what they do to my figs and guavas. They ruin them before they ripe enough so i can eat them.
I forgot about that. They are doing that to our pomegranates and peaches.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
curryman wrote:I use this one:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/daisy% ... tid=629708

To appease my wife I shoot them with paintballs. Puts a pretty good thump on them and they have to clean up after. Took about two months to train those tree rats to stay outta my yard and peach trees. Had about a three year lull until the trained ones were replaced with new ones. The shooting has started again.

I started with a pellet gun and only shot males. Didn't help.

Curryman
My son and his family, and my wife and I recently all bought a big house together and are now living under one roof. The day we started to move in, we found a dead squirrel in a planter under a tree next to the back fence. It had been there for a while and was beginning to mummify. We threw it out. A month later, we found two more under the same tree in the same spot. I’m pretty sure that the person who lives behind us is shooting them, and dropping them into my yard. If I find another one, I’m going to toss it over the fence with a note attached.
Maybe your tree is the mythical "Squirrel Graveyard". Just like the "Elephant Graveyard" the squirrels come there to die when it's their time! :lol: T
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

E.Marquez wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: My son and his family, and my wife and I recently all bought a big house together and are now living under one roof. The day we started to move in, we found a dead squirrel in a planter under a tree next to the back fence. It had been there for a while and was beginning to mummify. We threw it out. A month later, we found two more under the same tree in the same spot. I’m pretty sure that the person who lives behind us is shooting them, and dropping them into my yard. If I find another one, I’m going to toss it over the fence with a note attached.
"Son, It may be fun for you, but it ain't much fun for the squirrels, nor my family to pick up the mess. Keep up your squirrel shooting on my property and I'll not be surprised when the squirrels start shooting back.....
Signed, the guy with the ability to teach even a squirrel to shoot"
Exactly.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deltaboy »

My Grandpa just shot them with 22 Shorts but now days you got to be more creative!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Off-Topic”