Well Driller Recommendation

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Well Driller Recommendation

Post by jason812 »

I need a to drill a well on my land in Coryell Country to build a house. Anybody have a recommendation for a driller?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Well Driller Recommendation

Post by flechero »

I used to work for a drilling supply co.... and one of our customers was Tom Lovelace, of Lovelace Water Wells. They were a customer of mine and were good people to work and deal with. My boss used to recommend them highly, but I never needed a well so don't have 1st hand experience on the end product. Based in Bell county but also cover Coryell. http://lovelacewaterwell.com/

Topic author
jason812

Post by jason812 »

I'm glad to hear that. I found a map of the wells and in my area of the county, he's done about half a dozen. I was already planning on calling tomorrow.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

Just because I like collecting absolutely useless information, how much does it cost to dig and plumb a well? I do understand there are different variables afecting the cost, just generally speaking. :bigear:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
jason812

Post by jason812 »

I have one verbal quote of about $50k not from Lovelace mentioned above. This was $29 a foot to drill 1k feet. The rest was to case, seal, and install a pump to get the water out. I will know in a few days when Mr. Lovelace comes out and we go over what I'm wanting to do if this is about normal.

I ran across this database. You can see how deep and the production rate of wells when they were first drilled. Find your area and you can get an idea of how deep people are drilling. In my area its 800-1,000 ft for a house and 200ft for a windmill (more than likely livestock watering).
https://www2.twdb.texas.gov/apps/WaterD ... r/?map=sdr

I'm learning and going with a well cause the municipal water wants me to upgrade the mains before they will install a meter. They claim there is not enough pressure for an additional meter. Just the main upgrade was ~$35k, then bore under the road, and install a meter for additional cash. Then on top of that, I would have to trench and run 1/4 mile of water line. So for the same amount of money, I will have my own water and they can smooch on my backside before I upgrade their equipment and then have a monthly bill.

Archery1

Post by Archery1 »

jason812 wrote:I have one verbal quote of about $50k not from Lovelace mentioned above. This was $29 a foot to drill 1k feet.
Wow!!! Water table here much lower - 400ft is considered deep. Can set a well at 100ft. I'm paying for new well for new house, 200ft, $8,060.00 which includes up to 50ft of hookup to new house. If I want to go deeper, it's $18 per foot. But, I guess the offset is that because of flat, softer soil, closer to Gulf, my added cost is $26,000 of Inland 1 Windstorm compliance and inspections.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

About 20.00 per foot here for a domestic well. I have heard of an 80,000 dollar well. However, it was a 10" well with SS casing ( irrigation well.)

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Bell and Coryell counties are extremely tough drilling... much of that well will go through solid rock. (much of which is considered very hard, even by rock standards) I know that they burn through a full set of carbide teeth (sometimes multiple sets) on any given well in this area.

Return to “Off-Topic”