You missed one of the great Super Bowl games!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

lama
Posts in topic: 1

Re: You missed one of the great Super Bowl games!

Post by lama »

bblhd672 wrote: A report I read mischaracterized the people involved in looting as “fans” instead of criminals.
If they can be a player and a criminal at the same time, whats stopping others from being both criminals and fans at the same time.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

lama wrote:
bblhd672 wrote: A report I read mischaracterized the people involved in looting as “fans” instead of criminals.
If they can be a player and a criminal at the same time, whats stopping others from being both criminals and fans at the same time.
To be clear, I suspect that many of the criminals in this country are in fact fans of the NFL (and yes some criminals are also players). It's inaccurate to say that all of the criminal thugs who rioted and looted in Philly are fans of the NFL. But, on average, a large portion of them probably are. In addition to not being completely accurate, I'm not sure how the rooting interests of these thugs are all that relevant when reporting on the crime wave. Maybe the point of the story is that the thugs are so ignorant and disrespectful of everything in general that they caused a distraction from the celebration of their city's team having faster runners, higher jumpers, and better throwers and catchers of a ball than all of the other cities teams.

In other words, maybe the reporters were trying to point out that these thugs are so disgusting that they don't even respect something that they, on average, actually pretend to care about?

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

I think most people who have visited Philadelphia would agree that some cities are better off being burned to the grown, They do have some ancient Taverns, Freedom hall, and a big ole bell, but for the most part it is a filthy garbage heap where the leaders decided it is unfair to the street scum for store owners to use bullet proof glass.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Liberty wrote:I think most people who have visited Philadelphia would agree that some cities are better off being burned to the grown, They do have some ancient Taverns, Freedom hall, and a big ole bell, but for the most part it is a filthy garbage heap where the leaders decided it is unfair to the street scum for store owners to use bullet proof glass.
:iagree:

Philadelphia = The City of Brotherly Hate

Of all the places I had to go for work, Philadelphia was the most openly hateful place.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Pawpaw wrote:
Liberty wrote:I think most people who have visited Philadelphia would agree that some cities are better off being burned to the grown, They do have some ancient Taverns, Freedom hall, and a big ole bell, but for the most part it is a filthy garbage heap where the leaders decided it is unfair to the street scum for store owners to use bullet proof glass.

Of all the places I had to go for work, Philadelphia was the most openly hateful place.
My brother told me that very thing about his time there.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

My brother told me that very thing about his time there.
Years ago, I spent a week around July 4th in Philadelphia on a business trip.
I really enjoyed visiting some of the historical sights.
One day I was driving from my hotel towards City Hall on Broad Street.
One thing that stuck in my mind was the number of funeral homes that I passed.
It seemed that there was one on every corner. :headscratch
NRA Endowment Member

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Saw a news blurb today that Patriots receiver Gronkowski's house was robbed while he was away for SB. Apparently several guns stolen.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Cheapsk8

Post by Cheapsk8 »

Liberty wrote:
PhilBob wrote:I really enjoyed watching old episodes of Big Bang Theory instead! I've also become a big NHL fan since swearing off the NFL.
The interesting thing about Hockey is that the Canadians are respectful of the American Flag just as the Americans show respect for the Canadian.
This reminded me of a video clip I saw recently

Canadian game against US team and there was a mike failure so the fans finished the Star Spangled Banner for the singer

https://youtu.be/oMIYOvmvGwE
In life as in baseball, it is the number of times you reach home safely that count.

Return to “Off-Topic”