TV Viewing

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

TV Viewing

Post by WTR »

I recently purchased a Dish TV package. I haven't had cable type TV for the past 20 years. I caught a couple of firearm and 2A shows tonight. If these are examples of current programming, we are in a world of hurt with any fence setting folks.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: TV Viewing

Post by The Annoyed Man »

What was missing?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The Annoyed Man wrote:What was missing?
Any person that you might want your daughter to date. I don't think knit caps with something stuck under it needs to be constant attire nor to I think guys with long scraggly beards and shaved heads do us any favors.

The Annoyed Man

WTR wrote:
Any person that you might want your daughter to date. I don't think knit caps with something stuck under it needs to be constant attire nor to I think guys with long scraggly beards and shaved heads do us any favors.
Well, I don’t have a shaved head, but I do have a long beard (that’s actually me in my avatar) which my wife sometimes describes as “scraggly”. :lol: I do wear a knit cap when the weather calls for it. Anyway, I thought it was the content that concerned you, rather than the personalities. That stuff tends not to bother me, but I understand that isn’t everybody’s cup of tea.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I just don't think they come off as good ambassadors for our sport. The general public just sees whanabe thugs shooting their full auto silenced " black" rifles at no particular target. I don't care, but John Q. Public may think it seems mindless and pointless.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

WTR wrote:I just don't think they come off as good ambassadors for our sport. The general public just sees whanabe thugs shooting their full auto silenced " black" rifles at no particular target. I don't care, but John Q. Public may think it seems mindless and pointless.
:iagree:
Appearance is seen and impressions are formed, before word is heard.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Anybody old enough to have daughters of dating age probably stopped sitting on fences long ago.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

WTR wrote:
You don’t like Chumley from Pawn Stars? :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

You probably wouldn't care for my selection of YouTube channels then. :D

I'd rather watch that than Fuddley Fuddster pontificating on why I don't need my black rifles or 30 round magazines.
Psalm 91:2

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

That might be the reason the producers of those shows picked those folk to be on their show. To intentionally portray us as just that. It is possible that they steered away from anyone clean cut or even the slightest bit innocent looking.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

WTR wrote:I just don't think they come off as good ambassadors for our sport. The general public just sees whanabe thugs shooting their full auto silenced " black" rifles at no particular target. I don't care, but John Q. Public may think it seems mindless and pointless.
Well yeah, you’re probably right about that kind of behavior, and frankly, as a gun owner, I’ve found some of the gun related TV shows in the past to be just idiotic anyway. It’s just that I don’t think that average people are that upset by shaved heads and beards any more..........maybe 20 years ago, but not any longer.

I could be wrong about that. It’s just my sense of things. OTH, as a man with a long white beard, maybe I’m biased.

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

I remember several media sources making snide comments Johnnie Lagendorff's tattoo, but that never got any traction.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I don't object to beards or shaved heads. I would just like to see the gun community portrayed in a wholesome light. Not a bunch of scruffy guys shooting full autos at nothing in particular.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Seems pretty shallow honestly. Why does it matter what they look like? I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess you probably don't like tattoos either.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

WTR wrote:
My head is not shaved but pretty close. I keep what hair I have left pretty short, maybe less than 1/4" and I have a beard that sometimes gets pretty scraggly, or so says my wife.
I serve on a City Commission, do charity work for our church as well as the Scottish Rite Hospital, and as you can tell by my signature, I am a Mason. However, I am pretty sure you wouldn't want me dating your daughter because most likely, she is a lot younger than I am :mrgreen:.
With all of that said, it is not what appears on the outside, rather what is on the inside of a person that counts
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”