President Trump Should Declare Martial Law!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Re: President Trump Should Declare Martial Law!

Post by Abraham »

The "beginning of the end is here".

We're no longer waiting, "IT" has arrived.

OK, if Martial Law isn't ideal solution, then what?

Sit on our hands while rogue Judges dictate law, groups march chanting "kill cops", crazy leftists governors like Jerry Brown get to secede from the union while protecting illegals who kill our citizens with impunity (remember Kate Steinle?) and on top of that get to vote, all this and worse while we fiddle Rome burns... (once called The United States of America) and ever so hope something will be done to right wrongs?

It can't go on.

The country I grew up in has gone to hades while we Conservatives chew our nails and do NOTHING.

So, let's hear some solutions if Martial Law isn't the right one, what is?

The NRA isn't going to save us...they're at best the little blue boy with his finger in the dam.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

SamBodie wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Abraham wrote:bblhd672,

I don't give two squats what the 'the left's characterization' of President Trump amounts to. ...and ooh, ooh, ooh, let's continue to do zero in the 'hopes' that something, heck, anything will stop the lefties from being in control. As far as precedents go, better to light a candle than curse the darkness...Sitting idly by out of plain old fashioned gutlessness isn't something I find ideal.

No, I just want us to kvetch & moan and let the left dictate how the country should be run.

By the way, BBYC and I are in complete agreement. That would be step one and if not forthcoming bring on the troops.
Under no circumstances would I ever support any President declaring martial law for any reason whatsoever! That would be a mistake that makes Harry Reid's "nuclear option" fiasco seem like "Ned and the First Reader." Asking a President to brush aside constitutional protections is the beginning of the end.

Chas.
:iagree:
I agree with that but what about having the court to issue a writ of mandamus to compel the officials to do their sworn duty?
Any state official that takes affirmative steps to thwart enforcement of federal law can be charged with obstruction of justice in federal court. That's what should happen. Martial law strips every citizen of constitutional protections. That truly is like burning down the house to kill the termites.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Abraham wrote:The "beginning of the end is here".

We're no longer waiting, "IT" has arrived.

OK, if Martial Law isn't ideal solution, then what?

Sit on our hands while rogue Judges dictate law, groups march chanting "kill cops", crazy leftists governors like Jerry Brown get to secede from the union while protecting illegals who kill our citizens with impunity (remember Kate Steinle?) and on top of that get to vote, all this and worse while we fiddle Rome burns... (once called The United States of America) and ever so hope something will be done to right wrongs?

It can't go on.

The country I grew up in has gone to hades while we Conservatives chew our nails and do NOTHING.

So, let's hear some solutions if Martial Law isn't the right one, what is?

The NRA isn't going to save us...they're at best the little blue boy with his finger in the dam.
Anyone who values the constitution is justifiably angry, but you are way over the line. Remember, some Democrats were calling for Obama to declare martial law. Did you support those calls?

Chas.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
SamBodie wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Abraham wrote:bblhd672,

I don't give two squats what the 'the left's characterization' of President Trump amounts to. ...and ooh, ooh, ooh, let's continue to do zero in the 'hopes' that something, heck, anything will stop the lefties from being in control. As far as precedents go, better to light a candle than curse the darkness...Sitting idly by out of plain old fashioned gutlessness isn't something I find ideal.

No, I just want us to kvetch & moan and let the left dictate how the country should be run.

By the way, BBYC and I are in complete agreement. That would be step one and if not forthcoming bring on the troops.
Under no circumstances would I ever support any President declaring martial law for any reason whatsoever! That would be a mistake that makes Harry Reid's "nuclear option" fiasco seem like "Ned and the First Reader." Asking a President to brush aside constitutional protections is the beginning of the end.

Chas.
:iagree:
I agree with that but what about having the court to issue a writ of mandamus to compel the officials to do their sworn duty?
Any state official that takes affirmative steps to thwart enforcement of federal law can be charged with obstruction of justice in federal court. That's what should happen. Martial law strips every citizen of constitutional protections. That truly is like burning down the house to kill the termites.

Chas.
I agree. I do not think anyone who calls for Martial Law really understand what Martial Law is or the way it would effect every citizen, including themselves.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

My wife watches many old shows. Same issues as in the 50's going forward. I'm sure before TV shows these issues were going on as well.

On a side note, I saw a report about more and more college "kids" are TURNING OFF and deleting their social medial accounts. Everyone is SICK of all the poop everywhere
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I have always said the day that Martial law is declared is the day this nation is at war with itself! Time to lock and load, kiss the wife goodbye and go to our fate as men!
That being said what should happen is federal marshals need to be ordered to place under arrest any and all official no matter their level of government if they are defying federal laws! Place these individuals in a federal holding facility until they can be brought before a Federal magistrate!
Just one occurrence of this and the whole sanctuary cities thing will collapse like a house of cards!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

If NOTHING happens, then something WILL happen.

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bitter Clinger wrote:If NOTHING happens, then something WILL happen.
Can I get an Amen? You’re absolutely spot on.

I get it that politicians in DC are loath to throw one of their own in prison ...... because next week, it could be one of them getting thrown into prison. But what they’ve lost sight of is that we did not send them to DC to have one another’s back. And that’s how corrupt the system is, because that’s exactly what’s happening. They cover for one another. Oh, they might rant and rail against the corruption they see in their colleagues, but they don’t care enough to actually DO something about it.

The longer they fail to do something about it, the more likely it becomes that someone else will do something about it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”