President Trump Should Declare Martial Law!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

President Trump Should Declare Martial Law!

Post by Abraham »

Then when governors/mayors/city council people don't obey and defiantly declare they'll do as they darn well please, send in the troops, arrest/jail/try and if found guilty...off to prison these law breakers go.

Recently, Denvers Sheriff's Dept blocked ICE and let a murderous thug back out on the streets after he drunkenly killed a U.S. citizen with impunity - Corrective action would be to arrest those officers and their leaders, put them jail, try them and off to prison if found guilty of failing to obey Federal law. And, of course find the illegal alien murderer and put him on trial.

Would this cause quite a ruckus, especially with the left?

Absolutely.

We have plenty of means to deal with that too....

Complaining to each other about this state of affairs isn't getting the job done.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: President Trump Should Declare Martial Law!

Post by BBYC »

Maybe first he should tell the DOJ to vigorously enforce existing federal law and fire the ones who won't.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

So, you want the President to fulfill the left's characterization of him being a tyrannical dictator? :banghead:

You really want this kind of precedent set for future Democrat presidents to use against the people? :banghead:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

bblhd672,

I don't give two squats what the 'the left's characterization' of President Trump amounts to. ...and ooh, ooh, ooh, let's continue to do zero in the 'hopes' that something, heck, anything will stop the lefties from being in control. As far as precedents go, better to light a candle than curse the darkness...Sitting idly by out of plain old fashioned gutlessness isn't something I find ideal.

No, I just want us to kvetch & moan and let the left dictate how the country should be run.

By the way, BBYC and I are in complete agreement. That would be step one and if not forthcoming bring on the troops.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

BBYC wrote:Maybe first he should tell the DOJ to vigorously enforce existing federal law and fire the ones who won't.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Abraham wrote:bblhd672,

I don't give two squats what the 'the left's characterization' of President Trump amounts to. ...and ooh, ooh, ooh, let's continue to do zero in the 'hopes' that something, heck, anything will stop the lefties from being in control. As far as precedents go, better to light a candle than curse the darkness...Sitting idly by out of plain old fashioned gutlessness isn't something I find ideal.

No, I just want us to kvetch & moan and let the left dictate how the country should be run.

By the way, BBYC and I are in complete agreement. That would be step one and if not forthcoming bring on the troops.
Under no circumstances would I ever support any President declaring martial law for any reason whatsoever! That would be a mistake that makes Harry Reid's "nuclear option" fiasco seem like "Ned and the First Reader." Asking a President to brush aside constitutional protections is the beginning of the end.

Chas.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Surely you aren’t implying that my opinion means I’m gutless?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
BBYC wrote:Maybe first he should tell the DOJ to vigorously enforce existing federal law and fire the ones who won't.
Sessions needs to be the next do nothing Cabinet member shown the exit door.

SamBodie

Post by SamBodie »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Under no circumstances would I ever support any President declaring martial law for any reason whatsoever! That would be a mistake that makes Harry Reid's "nuclear option" fiasco seem like "Ned and the First Reader." Asking a President to brush aside constitutional protections is the beginning of the end.

Chas.
:iagree:
I agree with that but what about having the court to issue a writ of mandamus to compel the officials to do their sworn duty?

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Here's MY political fantasy for the day. No Martial Law.

Defund and stand down EVERY federal financial transfer and service into the borders of the offending state.
No SSI
No federal grants
The post office, the FBI, Fish & Wildlife, Nat'l Park Service, Border Patrol, USDA etc all CLOSED/INACTIVE
All purchase of supplies to active military bases rotated to out of state vendors
No Federal Reserve Services
All federally funded student financial aid terminated immediately, all outstanding related debt turned over immediate to private sector collection agencies
Ditto federally subsidized mortgages
All federal subsidies/funding of any kind terminated immediately
No air traffic control/flight plan filing so all commercial air travel shut down
Since no customs inspections can take place, have the navy blockade all seaports

Scorched earth economic warfare.......and yes, I read too much science fiction..... :biggrinjester:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

bblhd672 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
I'm hoping he is right behind Tillerson.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

bblhd672 wrote:Sessions needs to be the next do nothing Cabinet member shown the exit door.
It would not break my heart to see Trey Gowdy in that job.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Pawpaw wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Sessions needs to be the next do nothing Cabinet member shown the exit door.
:iagree: He is who I think would be the best for for the job.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Pawpaw wrote:
It would make my day. I keep hoping Sessions is doing something. I hope I have to apologize here, about my statements about Sessions. Please Sessions give me something to apologize for.

Mueller is now using the conspiracy to defraud the US government to snag Trump associates. I’m not even sure I fully understand what it means or how Trump’s associates have broken this obscure law, but it seems these elected CA folks could be charged with this easy.

allisji

Post by allisji »

bblhd672 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
Can you imagine after how hard the democrats in the Senate clawed and fought to block his confirmation, how glorious it would be to see how badly they react to Trump firing the man?
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Off-Topic”