North Texas Meet up?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: North Texas Meet up?

Post by Liberty »

Grundy1133 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:http://bigboartactical.com/
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Big+B ... 96.9401407

Not sure about wheelchair access though, it's pretty... country :lol:
$40 range fee?! thats insane.... thats the most expensive range fee ive ever seen.
I have only been once and it was $20 -- I think if you do a full day they charge more, but I did a half day I think. Also, if we brought several people im sure we could get a group rate. It's a mom and pop place and they are pretty cool
I gotcha. that's pretty cool. i like smaller ranges. its a more personal experience. the one in lewisville is $20 all day range fee. the one in sherman is $13/hour ($10/hour with membership) and im not sure about the one in sanger... couldnt find too much info on it. are outdoor ranges really that much better? i imagine during summer it'd be way too hot.
In the extremes of summer or winter, an indoor range can be nicer for handguns. You don't have to wait for ceasefires and it can be easier to check or change out targets. Outdoor ranges might be less restrictive when doing certain drills, every range is different though.

Indoor ranges IMHO are lousy for rifles though, other than an initial zero, they just aren't long enough. Various wind and temperature conditions to some folks is what riflemanship is all about.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

I Hate Dry Counties
Posts in topic: 2

Post by I Hate Dry Counties »

Can’t believe y’all haven’t heard of this one. https://fossilpointe.net Just north of Decatur. I haven’t been there in years because I have land to shoot on but the times I went there it was nice and not busy at all. The rifle/pistol range is separate from the clay/skeet range.

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Grundy1133 »

I Hate Dry Counties wrote:Can’t believe y’all haven’t heard of this one. https://fossilpointe.net Just north of Decatur. I haven’t been there in years because I have land to shoot on but the times I went there it was nice and not busy at all. The rifle/pistol range is separate from the clay/skeet range.
And where do you live exactly...? Do you take 6 packs as payment to shoot on your land? :lol:
NRA Member

I Hate Dry Counties
Posts in topic: 2

Post by I Hate Dry Counties »

Grundy1133 wrote:
I Hate Dry Counties wrote:Can’t believe y’all haven’t heard of this one. https://fossilpointe.net Just north of Decatur. I haven’t been there in years because I have land to shoot on but the times I went there it was nice and not busy at all. The rifle/pistol range is separate from the clay/skeet range.
And where do you live exactly...? Do you take 6 packs as payment to shoot on your land? :lol:
Cooke county and I don’t think my family will let me bring people shooting ;-)

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Grundy1133 »

I Hate Dry Counties wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Cooke county and I don’t think my family will let me bring people shooting ;-)
haha i mis understood your sentence.
NRA Member

strogg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by strogg »

Wow this thread blew up pretty quickly. That's a lot of interesting places to go shooting. I agree with LIberty when it comes to the downsides of outdoor shooting. I shoot mostly indoor now (and mostly handguns because of that) due to the ceasefire hoopla of outdoor ranges. In 1 hour, I can get as much shooting done as 4+ hours of outdoor range time. 407 looks pretty decent, and I may have to give them a try. Any outdoor range with a target retrieval system is looking good in my books.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That looks like an interesting location, and from where I am in NRH, it’s about the same amount of time to get there as it is to get to the Rudy’s in Arlington for the SWDFW meet up.

Not to hijack this thread, but if there are any folks in the mid-cities area - Hurst/Euless/Bedford/North Richland Hills area who would be interested in getting together, let’s start another thread and talk about it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Oh, that is close to the house (15 minutes). wasn't even aware it was there.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

The nice thing about 407 Gun club, is you can go online and make reservations. Pick the hour(s) you want to shoot, show up at your time and the bay is ready for you. It's also right next to Defender OutDoor Gun Store. :)
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”