My early training revolver. Nichols Stallion .45

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

My early training revolver. Nichols Stallion .45

Post by puma guy »

When I was a kid the Holy Grail of cap pistols was the Nichols Industries Peacemaker replicas. The toy industry thought so too and it was the Toy of the Year when it was introduced. Imagine that! A toy gun having that sort of status. How things have changed. Living in Pasadena where they were made they were quite common back then. My brother and I were fortunate enough to each have one. Wish I still had mine. This video is a later model but they all worked the same way. The company eventually made many models and variations including a .30-30 and information can be found on Wikipedia for anyone interested. The background music is an anachronism, it should be Lone Ranger or Roy Rogers theme. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUoVIvq0yIE
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My early training revolver. Nichols Stallion .45

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That’s really cool, thanks for showing it. I never had that specific brand/model, but I did have six-shooter cap guns when I was a little boy, so that brought back some memories!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

I noticed Jacksonville, Tx was stamped inside the box lid. That's less than a hour away from me. You got an address for them? :)

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Im younger than you fellas but I used to have many a cap guns when i was a kid. i recall those style caps and also the newer modern red plastic caps as well.
NRA Member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

puma guy wrote:When I was a kid the Holy Grail of cap pistols was the Nichols Industries Peacemaker replicas. The toy industry thought so too and it was the Toy of the Year when it was introduced. Imagine that! A toy gun having that sort of status. How things have changed. Living in Pasadena where they were made they were quite common back then. My brother and I were fortunate enough to each have one. Wish I still had mine. This video is a later model but they all worked the same way. The company eventually made many models and variations including a .30-30 and information can be found on Wikipedia for anyone interested. The background music is an anachronism, it should be Lone Ranger or Roy Rogers theme. :lol:
I do remember those and had one myself, I think they should have had a Lash LaRue model! :cheers2:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mr surveyor wrote:I noticed Jacksonville, Tx was stamped inside the box lid. That's less than a hour away from me. You got an address for them? :)

jd
The company was sold to another toy manufacturer in the 1970's I believe. I'm sure all the cap gun makers are gone. Nichols, Hubbel, etc. Look up Nichols Stallion 45 on Wikipedia for more info. I went to elementary school with one of the Nichols kids. He had many of their cap guns around.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

twomillenium wrote:
puma guy wrote:When I was a kid the Holy Grail of cap pistols was the Nichols Industries Peacemaker replicas. The toy industry thought so too and it was the Toy of the Year when it was introduced. Imagine that! A toy gun having that sort of status. How things have changed. Living in Pasadena where they were made they were quite common back then. My brother and I were fortunate enough to each have one. Wish I still had mine. This video is a later model but they all worked the same way. The company eventually made many models and variations including a .30-30 and information can be found on Wikipedia for anyone interested. The background music is an anachronism, it should be Lone Ranger or Roy Rogers theme. :lol:
I do remember those and had one myself, I think they should have had a Lash LaRue model! :cheers2:
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Return to “Off-Topic”