This sends a pretty strong message.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 7

This sends a pretty strong message.

Post by Grundy1133 »

Watch it until the end. This is something a lot of people just can't get thru their heads.
http://www.facebook.com/glockspirit/vid ... 041429059/
http://www.facebook.com/glockspirit/vid ... 041429059/
Last edited by Grundy1133 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NRA Member

Pilgrim
Posts in topic: 1

Re: This sends a pretty strong message.

Post by Pilgrim »

That is good. Thank you for posting.

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Pilgrim wrote:That is good. Thank you for posting.
I stole it from Glock's page, but I really liked it. gave me chills at the end.
NRA Member

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphertext »

Good thing he only left her 3 bullets... otherwise he would have caught one!

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

cyphertext wrote:Good thing he only left her 3 bullets... otherwise he would have caught one!
I didn't hear her pull the trigger a 4th time.... i like the video but i have a few questions.... like who carries a gun without one in the chamber? I mean seriously... And why was she in that old abandoned building to begin with? And why was there a gun buster sign on said abandoned building and hundreds of them int he basement... just some over-analyzing after watching it a few more times.
NRA Member

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Believe it or not I know more people who carry without one in the chamber than not. Most can’t get over the mental aspect of a bullet in the barrel. Heck it took 3 years of me carrying everyday with one in the chamber and the gun (a Glock) not having a safety to convince my dad that if done safely and properly one in the pipe is safe.

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

cmgee67 wrote:Believe it or not I know more people who carry without one in the chamber than not. Most can’t get over the mental aspect of a bullet in the barrel. Heck it took 3 years of me carrying everyday with one in the chamber and the gun (a Glock) not having a safety to convince my dad that if done safely and properly one in the pipe is safe.
ive been carrying for only a month and ive carried with 1 chambered every day. the extra time it takes to chamber a round could be the difference between life and death. not only that if you're fending off an attacker theres a good chance both hands wont be free.
NRA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grundy1133 wrote:Watch it until the end. This is something a lot of people just can't get thru their heads.
https://www.facebook.com/glockspirit/vi ... 041429059/
Fixed the link for you. In some browsers.....at least in iOS......the forum software won’t parse a link beginning with ‘https” unless it is bracketed within the tags. So in your opening post, all I saw was the first sentence, and then a lot of blank space followed by your signature. Unless the URL is a page on this forum, it’s really helpful to get in the habit of using the tags.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:Watch it until the end. This is something a lot of people just can't get thru their heads.
https://www.facebook.com/glockspirit/vi ... 041429059/
Fixed the link for you. In some browsers.....at least in iOS......the forum software won’t parse a link beginning with ‘https” unless it is bracketed within the tags. So in your opening post, all I saw was the first sentence, and then a lot of blank space followed by your signature. Unless the URL is a page on this forum, it’s really helpful to get in the habit of using the tags.
thanks for that. i added the url tag :)
NRA Member

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphertext »

Grundy1133 wrote:
cyphertext wrote:Good thing he only left her 3 bullets... otherwise he would have caught one!
I didn't hear her pull the trigger a 4th time.... i like the video but i have a few questions.... like who carries a gun without one in the chamber? I mean seriously... And why was she in that old abandoned building to begin with? And why was there a gun buster sign on said abandoned building and hundreds of them int he basement... just some over-analyzing after watching it a few more times.
Watch it again... at least the end... three shots fired, he runs in, she turns and I hear a "click".

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

cyphertext wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
Watch it again... at least the end... three shots fired, he runs in, she turns and I hear a "click".
i think that's when just she turns and raises the gun... for some reason hollywood thinks when you move a gun fast it makes a clicking noise... almost every show ive ever watched when someone raises a gun from being at ease they give it an audible "click" for some reason....
NRA Member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I believe this one is already posted elsewhere on the forum.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

A very good, thought-provoking video. I had seen it before, posted somewhere else on this forum, but it is still very powerful imagery, even after having seen it multiple times.

But I notice some folks had some questions about some of the details in this fictitious occurrence. So, even though it's a serious story and is well worth sharing, let's have a little fun with it.

Here's the deal: for you creative types, come up with a back story of how this scene came to be! Fill in the blanks, and justify the parts that are questioned. Let's make this a group effort. Everyone can come up with a few lines or a particular situation or information that fits the story and the scene, then we can all add more and more details to continue to fill in the blanks. Let's see what a "story by committee" looks like.

I'll start off, then someone else jump in and start adding more background until we get enough of a story to find out how we got to this final scene.

And BTW, since I'm starting it off, I get to name these characters. If you want to name some characters in our story, come up with the appropriate new characters on your own! :lol:

Scene (the beginning of the video): Jacob rushes into the empty warehouse to find Ava, the love of his life, lying in a pool of blood on the floor, dead from multiple gunshot wounds.

Slightly later in the scene, Jacob uses his magic time travel watch to go back 15 minutes in time, determined to do something to prevent this horrible crime from happening to his sweet Ava.

New Scene (several months prior to the scene shown in the video): Jacob is in the old section of downtown. He sees an old pawn shop in the middle of the block. The old faded sign above the door identifies it as "Biggs' Pawn and Loan." Since he has a few minutes to spare, he decides to stop in to see if he can find some kind of unusual present for his new girlfriend, Ava. Jacob has come to be very fond of Ava in the short time that they have been dating. There's something special about Ava; he feels very differently about her than he has about all his other girlfriends from the past. He really wants to impress her, and hopes he can find something very special for her in this unusual little shop.

So Jacob goes into the little shop. A very old place, with wooden plank flooring. If there ever were any stain or varnish on the floor, it all disappeared many years ago, replaced now with only a thick layer of dust. There's no one in sight in the shop, so Jacob looks around for a few minutes at the strange collection of mismatched items of every kind. Finally, a little old man comes out from a room in the back of the store. Jacob readily senses he's an odd little man, short and chubby, balding, dressed in what Jacob sees as "old fashioned" clothing. The little old man walks sort of hunched over as he slowly approaches Jacob. In his thick old-country accent, the old man apologizes to Jacob for keeping him waiting, then introduces himself as Mr. Biggs, the proprietor of the little pawn shop.

Jacob explains to Mr. Biggs that he's looking for some kind of unusual gift for his girlfriend, but doesn't know exactly what it is he's looking for. Mr. Biggs shows Jacob several different pieces, but Jacob sees nothing that he feels would be just right for Ava. Jacob thanks Mr. Biggs for his time, and turns to begin to leave. But Mr. Biggs says: "Since you're here, you might as well look for a little something for yourself. As you can see, I have many different items. And if you do see something that you like, I'm sure we could settle on a good price for you."

So, mainly just to humor the old man, Jacob does look at a few items. But again, doesn't really see anything he particularly wants. Apparently sensing that he's about to lose a sale, Mr. Biggs pulls an old pocket watch out from one of the several old glass display cases full of all kinds of little junk knick-knacks. "How about this antique pocket watch?" Mr. Biggs says. "It's a very unusual and unique piece. I'll let you have it for a very good price." Jacob takes a look at it. He doesn't want or need a pocket watch, but he is impressed with the craftsmanship that is obvious in the piece. When Mr. Biggs quotes the price he would take for the watch, Jacob accepts and buys the old watch, again mainly because he has come to feel somewhat sorry for the obviously lonely little old man.

So Jacob walks out of the old shop with his purchase in-hand. He continues walking down the street and rounds the corner, while admiring the old pocket watch. But he notices some engraving on the watch that he can't quite make out. He's sure old Mr. Biggs, being the owner of a pawn shop, would have a magnifying glass he could use to try to make out what the engraving says. So Jacob turns aroung and goes back to the shop. But strangely, the shop is not there. "What the ...?!" Jacob thinks to himself. "Surely I couldn't have gotten lost walking one block and turning one corner!" So he looks left and right. "Yes, this is the right place. But the old pawn shop - it's not here! No, surely I am in the wrong place. It has been a long, hard day. I just got turned around somehow. And now it's getting dark, so I gotta get home. I'll find a magnifying glass somewhere and take a look at the engraving on the watch later."

Ok, who's next... :thumbs2:

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

You win.
NRA Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I heard the click. It may or may not have been supposed to be a pull of the trigger.

This video has been linked on this forum before. It’s been a while.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”