(Another) CA professor making outrageous comments

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
canvasbck
Posts in topic: 1

(Another) CA professor making outrageous comments

Post by canvasbck »

I don't normally advocate someone being fired over expressing their first amendment protected views while not at work. I am making an exception on this one. This "woman" has no business in the classroom! Hopefully Fresno State will do the right thing.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... -dead.html

Summary: She is calling Barbara Bush an "amazing racist" and says she's "glad the witch is dead"
:mad5

It burns me up when I'm called a racist for not supporting the leftest POLICIES of one BHO, but all the attacks you see from the left towards the Bush's and now Trump are personal in nature and not policy based at all.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

kayt00
Posts in topic: 2

Re: (Another) CA professor making outrageous comments

Post by kayt00 »

I work as a tenured professor. I make 100K a year doing that. I will never be fired. I will always have people wanting to hear what I have to say,” she wrote on Twitter.
What?! Well I think going off what Fresno State has to say she may be very wrong about that comment. We can only hope.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

She also boasted that because she is a tenured professor, she couldn’t be fired over her views. “I work as a tenured professor. I make 100K a year doing that. I will never be fired."
This type of vitriol and hatred of those who don't agree with them by the left is why our differences will never be settled amicably.

While I don't agree with many of the policies and decisions of either President H.W. Bush or President W. Bush, Mrs. Barbara Bush never demonstrated anything but grace and dignity, as well as a great sense of humor.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

kayt00 wrote:
I work as a tenured professor. I make 100K a year doing that. I will never be fired. I will always have people wanting to hear what I have to say,” she wrote on Twitter.
What?! Well I think going off what Fresno State has to say she may be very wrong about that comment. We can only hope.
Nope, Fresno State supports her and "progress", because agenda above everything else.
“Professor Jarrar’s expressed personal views and commentary are obviously contrary to the core values of our University, which include respect and empathy for individuals with divergent points of view, and a sincere commitment to mutual understanding and progress,” he added.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

kayt00
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kayt00 »

No regrets in my decision to leave that state ~25 years ago.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

This week's example of California lunacy in "higher education". Explain to me why anyone, including Fresno State students and parents, should take seriously "educated" adults who wear doll heads on top of their head?

Allons

Post by Allons »

Fired, this is California. She will probably be promoted to Dean.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

GAAAH... MY EYES.... MY EYES.....

DocV

Post by DocV »

Something (
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 532486002/
"'Here's my number': Fresno State professor's post floods Arizona State crisis line with calls"
)
makes me think the professor's leave may be extended.
'If you really wanna reach me ... '
After someone on Twitter posted her email and phone number at Fresno State, Jarrar responded that she hadn't activated her work number.

"If you really wanna reach me, here's my number ok?" Jarrar posted, listing the number for the ASU crisis line.

The 24-hour ASU crisis line, run by a company called Empact, was subsequently inundated with phone calls.

The hotline typically receives about 5 calls per week, according to ASU.

On Wednesday afternoon, about a day after Jarrar's post, the line was still getting 50 to 70 calls per hour, ASU said.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

kayt00 wrote:
There's hope. She is naive enough to think that the University cares about her position or her reputation. On the income side, Fresno State mainly cares about federal and state appropriations, and donors. On the cost side, the university thinks about liability. If this lady pencils out as a net negative to the overall equation, she won't be as secure as she imagines. Meanwhile her reputation will suffer, as it should.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

The best way to combat attention seeking behavior is to withhold attention.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

She is an idiot.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

In terms of cost of living, is making 100k a year in California about like making 50-60k in Texas? Doesn't strike me as high enough to justify bragging....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “Off-Topic”