Rolling storage unit

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Rolling storage unit

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I need to get a tall storage unit for my garage. It does not need to be fancy. In fact, old / beat up looking is preferable. The catch is that it needs to be at least 80 inches tall, and between 30 and 42 inches wide. It must also have wheels and I must be able to roll it side to side. And it absolutely must have a solid back wall. Not a shelving unit. This is for a larger project that I am working on.

Does anyone know of a good source for such a thing? If necessary, I might be able to add wheels to the bottom of a storage locker, but I really want to avoid making something from scratch.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rolling storage unit

Post by flechero »

I don't have one but it you find a suitable cabinet/unit- buying and adding casters is a breeze. I have done that on a couple different things over the years... most recently, took a set of cabinets and made a portable/rolling drill press work station.

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

flechero wrote:I don't have one but it you find a suitable cabinet/unit- buying and adding casters is a breeze. I have done that on a couple different things over the years... most recently, took a set of cabinets and made a portable/rolling drill press work station.
I'm thinking that might be the best option. It really open up the choices for a cabinet quite a bit.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

If you can afford $400 get the rolling work bench top with drawers from Costco.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I know y'all hate it, but IKEA would be the place I'd go to find something like that. Then, put wheels on it. What I'd really suggest, get two units that are 40" tall and are exactly what you want, put one on top of the other, put some good brackets on it, get a set of wheels with the brakes in them, put them on the bottom, maybe get a couple of sturdy handles and put them on the sides and you've got a great set up, probably for not too much $ and an hour or so of work.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Off-Topic”