Johnson City

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Wonder boy
Posts in topic: 1

Johnson City

Post by Wonder boy »

Turns out I have a baseball playoff game to attend evening of Friday 11th in Johnson City. Any recommendations on where to stay/eat from someone in the know? Would like to patronize the local businesses as the town is hosting the game for us.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Johnson City

Post by puma guy »

The first time I was there, LBJ was President, the last time was about ten years ago for the funeral of the mother of the friend I was visiting the first time I was there. The choices were limited back then, but I think the last few years have seen some new eateries I think. I ate at a place that wasn't too bad, but I can't remember the name, general American fare. You also have choices in nearby Fredericksburg and Blanco, and Hondo's in Fredericksburg is probably worth a visit. Same goes for motels, only a couple of choices in JC. Good luck on the game.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

I’m with Puma Guy, Fredericksburg has much more to offer in the way of food and accommodations. Plus it’s an easy drive between the two. The Holiday Inn Express is relatively new and well kept. If you’re without kids the Hanger Hotel out at the airport is a great vintage experience. As for food the Auslander is a perennial favorite in our family. Especially on Friday nights when we can sit out on the patio and enjoy the live music.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

SigM4 wrote:I’m with Puma Guy, Fredericksburg has much more to offer in the way of food and accommodations. Plus it’s an easy drive between the two. The Holiday Inn Express is relatively new and well kept. If you’re without kids the Hanger Hotel out at the airport is a great vintage experience. As for food the Auslander is a perennial favorite in our family. Especially on Friday nights when we can sit out on the patio and enjoy the live music.
My middle daughter was there with some of her friends for her birthday this weekend. I didn't mention it but the first time I visited in LBJ's era (he was at the ranch that week) I really didn't see anything, but my friends grandparent's ranch for a night and half a day and the inside of the now gone Johnson City Hospital for a 10 day stay. :eek6 Long story!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

There is a restaurant in Johnson City on the otherside of the courthouse. Its nothing fancy, pretty wide menu. Pizza, Burgers and Barbaque plates. Their own craft beer. They are closed two days a week though. I think its Sunday and Monday.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Pecan Street Brewing was great last time I was there.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”