I Like Oliver North For The NRA, But Some Don't?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

I Like Oliver North For The NRA, But Some Don't?

Post by Abraham »

If not, why not?

I'm not trying debate anyone, just curious as to why he isn't your pick?

Thanks!

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I Like Oliver North For The NRA, But Some Don't?

Post by Paladin »

Olivier North is a very well spoken, charismatic Marine, but his involvement with the Iran-Contra operation which was associated with illegal drug shipments into this country link are a concern.

I do have to give him credit for getting our hostages back.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

Paladin,

Thanks for your response.

Anyone else?

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

His support of the assault weapons ban back in 94... but then again, the NRA didn't exactly stand strong against that either back in the day.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

cyphertext wrote:His support of the assault weapons ban back in 94... but then again, the NRA didn't exactly stand strong against that either back in the day.
The NRA did everything possible to block the 1994 assault weapons ban. The Speaker of the House and our own Rep. Jack Brooks begged Clinton not to force them to vote for the bill because the NRAt would cost both of them their seats. Both lost and it was historic. It was the first time a Speaker lost an election and the first time a Dean of the House (Brooks) lost.

Also, it was the NRA that got the sunset provision added such that it expired in 2004.

Chas.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

I like Oliver North, met him once back in the late 80's at a campaign rally.
I'd feel better about him being NRA President if he publicly stated that what he believed and said in 1994 is no longer his belief and that he unequivocally supports the 2A.
I'll support his efforts as NRA President, but will be watching to see if his views then are how he handles the job. He can also prove by his actions as the leader of the NRA that his words in 1994 are no longer relevant.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”