TX: Sheila Jackson Lee - I'm back

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Re: TX: Sheila Jackson Lee

Post by anygunanywhere »

philip964 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:24 pm Rep. Jackson Lee is getting backlash for angry recording because of her race, gender: Supporters

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rep-jacks ... supporters

All because of being a woman of color.

I can see the headlines after the election this week.
She’s lucky she isn’t treated like a straight white Christian man.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

It's dismaying that people like her, AOC, Tlaib, et. al. can get elected and re-elected in this country.

"Her head's so empty, if you turned off the AC, clouds would form."
-Ruark

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Ruark wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:10 pm It's dismaying that people like her, AOC, Tlaib, et. al. can get elected and re-elected in this country.

"Her head's so empty, if you turned off the AC, clouds would form."
I attribute She-jack and AOC's success to controlled elections. Much of Philadelphia is the same way. You can only run for office in those areas if you are "approved" and only approved candidates get elected. I will admit that AOC knocked of a previously approved candidate but such are the fickle results of mob rule. Remember that those who initially lead the French revolution ended up losing their head when the mob turned on them. I'm pretty much convinced that a large swath of the voting public is convinced that no matter who is elected, nothing changes and not as thought their respective votes are actually going to change their lives.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

Election is tomorrow.

Clinton says she never runs away from a fight and that’s why I should vote for her.
Attachments
39127C24-A870-4837-BF80-30A94D92B890.jpeg

cherokeepilot
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cherokeepilot »

Okay folks, ya' gotta remember that elections have consequences...ya get whatcha vote for...
73s
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

cherokeepilot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:04 am Okay folks, ya' gotta remember that elections have consequences...ya get whatcha vote for...
I'm not in the city limits so I can't vote in the mayoral runoff. But if I could, my slogan would be AABSJL. Anybody, anybody but Sheila Jackson Lee!

I've seen very little on-air ad time for her compared to Whitmire (who is by no means a perfect candidate, but light years better than Shejack), and even in the runoff she still tried to talk about abortion and gun control. News flash, Sheila: City mayors in Texas have absolutely zero control over either of those issues. It's basically the same thing as saying your campaign platform is centered around removing Vladimir Putin from office or landing the first humans on Mars. Ain't got nuthin' to do with the office of mayor.

Talk about forever out of touch with reality...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

dlh

Post by dlh »

I heard Whitmire won. Remember, Lee is the one who infamously said the AR15 shoots 50 caliber bullets and is as heavy as 10 moving boxes.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

Shejack got only 36% of the vote. Lost pretty dramatically. But post-loss she sure sounds like she intends to run again for her congressional seat. Too much to hope that she'd just retire. :grumble
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

dlh wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:11 pm I heard Whitmire won. Remember, Lee is the one who infamously said the AR15 shoots 50 caliber bullets and is as heavy as 10 moving boxes.
Landslide, 64 to 36% for Ms. Lee. She may run for Congress again.

In this run off, the Republican Party recommended 6 candidates.

Two Caucasian women and four men of color. I guess you could say the Republican Party is the party of diversity in Houston.

Good time to review Sheila’s best speeches.

Victory in Vietnam. North and South living in peace.

Can’t find video of Sheila confusing Neil Armstrong planting the flag on Mars.

mayor

Post by mayor »

Rafe wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:08 pm Shejack got only 36% of the vote. Lost pretty dramatically. But post-loss she sure sounds like she intends to run again for her congressional seat. Too much to hope that she'd just retire. :grumble
I guess it's easier to grift from the fed than locally?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Famous guy to me, who lives in Houston posted this today.
Attachments
D77F54BD-74EB-4F4D-BD98-EE7BF2122017.jpeg

Topic author
philip964

Re: TX: Sheila Jackson Lee -I'm back

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... oral-race/

I'm back. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

chasfm11

Re: TX: Sheila Jackson Lee - I'm back

Post by chasfm11 »

It would be great if voter's kicked her to the curb for the Federal House seat, too - but I doubt it. Like Marion Berry in D.C., it doesn't matter what she does, the election will go her way. So the rest of us have to believe one of two things. The voting public in her district is beyond stupid or the election process itself falls far short of "free and fair."
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

chasfm11 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:10 am It would be great if voter's kicked her to the curb for the Federal House seat, too - but I doubt it. Like Marion Berry in D.C., it doesn't matter what she does, the election will go her way. So the rest of us have to believe one of two things. The voting public in her district is beyond stupid or the election process itself falls far short of "free and fair."
Porque no los dos? (Why not both?)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:58 am
chasfm11 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:10 am It would be great if voter's kicked her to the curb for the Federal House seat, too - but I doubt it. Like Marion Berry in D.C., it doesn't matter what she does, the election will go her way. So the rest of us have to believe one of two things. The voting public in her district is beyond stupid or the election process itself falls far short of "free and fair."
Porque no los dos? (Why not both?)
Democrats have election fraud down to a science. We are going to have a big problem with this issue come November 2024.

Return to “Off-Topic”