The war with Iran

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rafe
Posts in topic: 7

Re: The war with Iran

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:31 pm https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ge-39-week

American panic buying of 5.56 fearing WW3 causes ammo price surge of 39%.
I'd bought a couple of cases of Wolf 5.56 back when it looked like Hillary was going to become president...just because, you know, preparedness. If all else fails, though I don't like shooting steel ammo through any of my ARs, at least I'd have a cheap backup supply. Now I think I just might hold onto it.

Because, you know, preparedness.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Rafe
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Rafe »

Ya know, this was probably the most tinfoil-hat post I've made on the forum: viewtopic.php?p=1333345#p1333345

After a whole bunch of bullet points and what-ifs, I ended the tin-foil-hattedness with this:
What happens in the Oval Office if, simultaneously, Russia throws everything it has at Ukraine--and maybe even crosses into Poland--while Xi Jinping actively moves on the military "annexation" of Taiwan? Does the U.S. have any hope of responding to two, simultaneous military crises? And what if "the axis of evil" brings Iran into the picture and there is escalated aggression against Israel at exactly the same time? What if U.S. commitments to its allies has, simultaneously, war in Ukraine and Poland, Taiwan and the South China Sea, and Israel and the Middle East?
I admit I'm a bit more worried about such an outlandish scenario than I actually was months ago. I mean, Republicans are demonstrating they don't have enough cohesiveness to even elect a speaker of the house. We have the Biden/Harris circus in the catbird seat, and it's clear just how much that administration is respected globally. Deterrent, not. Rather than speak softly and carry a big stick, this administration is more like speak unintelligibly and forget where you put the stick. Worse, make sure the stick is sufficiently "woke," recruiting standards are reduced to their lowest bars ever for both mental and physical capabilities, and then still fail to meet recruitment goals. Oh, and spend billions on all sorts of stuff while letting some of the U.S. air and naval arsenals languish. And then forget where you put the stick.

And now it looks very much like Israel might end up fighting three (somewhat) separate wars on three borders, with undoubtedly Iran pulling the strings of its proxies like Hamas and Hezbollah. And we have idiot leftist congress critters who are flat-out anti-American and antifa finding another reason to "peacefully protest" in the streets over the "atrocities" committed by Israel.

You can almost feel Xi Jinping thinking, "Hm... I wonder..."
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 78

Post by philip964 »

Rafe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:47 pm Ya know, this was probably the most tinfoil-hat post I've made on the forum: viewtopic.php?p=1333345#p1333345

After a whole bunch of bullet points and what-ifs, I ended the tin-foil-hattedness with this:
What happens in the Oval Office if, simultaneously, Russia throws everything it has at Ukraine--and maybe even crosses into Poland--while Xi Jinping actively moves on the military "annexation" of Taiwan? Does the U.S. have any hope of responding to two, simultaneous military crises? And what if "the axis of evil" brings Iran into the picture and there is escalated aggression against Israel at exactly the same time? What if U.S. commitments to its allies has, simultaneously, war in Ukraine and Poland, Taiwan and the South China Sea, and Israel and the Middle East?
I admit I'm a bit more worried about such an outlandish scenario than I actually was months ago. I mean, Republicans are demonstrating they don't have enough cohesiveness to even elect a speaker of the house. We have the Biden/Harris circus in the catbird seat, and it's clear just how much that administration is respected globally. Deterrent, not. Rather than speak softly and carry a big stick, this administration is more like speak unintelligibly and forget where you put the stick. Worse, make sure the stick is sufficiently "woke," recruiting standards are reduced to their lowest bars ever for both mental and physical capabilities, and then still fail to meet recruitment goals. Oh, and spend billions on all sorts of stuff while letting some of the U.S. air and naval arsenals languish. And then forget where you put the stick.

And now it looks very much like Israel might end up fighting three (somewhat) separate wars on three borders, with undoubtedly Iran pulling the strings of its proxies like Hamas and Hezbollah. And we have idiot leftist congress critters who are flat-out anti-American and antifa finding another reason to "peacefully protest" in the streets over the "atrocities" committed by Israel.

Y’all are kinda scaring me.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Brandon is now the war time President.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MadMonkey »

Attacks on US bases by Iran-backed "resistance" groups have increased by a LOT lately. Lots of drones vs the rockets and mortars we're used to.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mr surveyor »

MadMonkey wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:16 pm Attacks on US bases by Iran-backed "resistance" groups have increased by a LOT lately. Lots of drones vs the rockets and mortars we're used to.
I wonder where Iran got all their drone technology? :roll:

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

mr surveyor wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:25 pm
MadMonkey wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:16 pm Attacks on US bases by Iran-backed "resistance" groups have increased by a LOT lately. Lots of drones vs the rockets and mortars we're used to.

jd
I got mine on the cheap from Ali Express in China.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

philip964 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:29 pm
mr surveyor wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:25 pm

jd
I got mine on the cheap from Ali Express in China.
I think I remember that during "thu wun's" reign that Iran got their hands on one (or more) of our advanced drones. Lots of chances for reverse technology.

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grayling813 »

Yep,the bases in Syria (why does the US occupy territory in a country that hasn’t invited us?) and Iraq (why do we still have bases in a country that’s asked us to leave after we invaded and overthrew their government?)

The Iranians haven’t been happy with the US since we overthrew their democratically elected government and installed the Shah in 1953.

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Grayling813 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:30 pm
Yep,the bases in Syria (why does the US occupy territory in a country that hasn’t invited us?) and Iraq (why do we still have bases in a country that’s asked us to leave after we invaded and overthrew their government?)

The Iranians haven’t been happy with the US since we overthrew their democratically elected government and installed the Shah in 1953.
There is no fixing the middle east and central Asia. We need to be out of here, and should have been long ago.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Paladin »

MadMonkey wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:59 am
Grayling813 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:30 pm

There is no fixing the middle east and central Asia. We need to be out of here, and should have been long ago.
Indeed. It would be cheaper to wean the western economy off middle eastern oil and gas all together than spending trillions on wars which only seem to be propagating the cycle of destruction. Parties agree Afghanistan war not worth fighting, new poll shows.
30% of $63 billion US tax dollars given to Afghanistan 'lost to waste, fraud and abuse'

A report from the Costs of War project at Brown University revealed that 20 years of post-9/11 wars have cost the U.S. an estimated $8 trillion and have killed more than 900,000 people.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Paladin »

Rafe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:47 pm Ya know, this was probably the most tinfoil-hat post I've made on the forum: viewtopic.php?p=1333345#p1333345

This is why it was a really bad idea to push China, Iran, and Russia together. Massive strategic mistake on the part of Brandon, Victoria Nuland, and the rest of the Neocons. Ron Unz is openly questioning whether America has already lost that war: Did the Neocons Save the World from the Thucydides Trap? The irony is that regarding the recent attack on Israel ‘Netanyahu Got All the Warnings,’ Says Former Head of Israeli Military Intelligence ... and Netanyahu's Likud party are close allies of the Neocons... and the situation for Israel looks bad right now so these people appear to have brought destruction on themselves.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

4 suicide drone attacks by Iran-backed rebel groups this morning in northern Iraq.

Things are hopping over here.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Iran has to spend all that money on something.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Tomorrow at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade will be the first opportunity since October 7 for anyone inside the US border with enough financing to travel to New York to express their feelings on live television and potentially disrupt a symbolic Christian and totally American event.

I hope the government of New York has enough policemen left to adequately monitor the large crowd.

I will pray that the peace negotiated in Gaza will extend to New York tomorrow.

Return to “Off-Topic”