Internet Censorship

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Internet Censorship

Post by philip964 »

Facebook has removed the administrator of the Jews can shoot page.

In Facebook you can start a hobby and interest page, but apparently they can just kick you off something you started and nurtured.
Attachments
9268FD68-9BC8-4BD8-A907-56102EC4AB88.jpeg

flechero

Re: Internet Censorship

Post by flechero »

I get the backlash but if conservatives would ditch facebook entirely, they'd loos billions of dollars of worth.

Everyone complains about them but continues to use it and boost the value of it and the realm of influence it has.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

flechero wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:26 pm I get the backlash but if conservatives would ditch facebook entirely, they'd loos billions of dollars of worth.

Everyone complains about them but continues to use it and boost the value of it and the realm of influence it has.
I agree 100%. I’m 27, and everyone/everything around me is social media, but I gave it all up. I don’t do any of it anymore. Hell, my grandparents have more social media than me. People are going to have to realize that they can do without.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 pm Facebook has removed the administrator of the Jews can shoot page.

In Facebook you can start a hobby and interest page, but apparently they can just kick you off something you started and nurtured.
Well, yeah, they can, it's their platform, just like Charles could kick anyone off here that he wanted to. The difference is that Charles has standards and wouldn't do so without a good reason.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

stever1950

Post by stever1950 »

flechero wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:26 pm I get the backlash but if conservatives would ditch facebook entirely, they'd loos billions of dollars of worth.

Totally agree. I gave up Twitter last year and have cancelled Facebook. Won't miss it a bit.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

I've always steered clear of twitter as it is just an awful platform to begin with. Trump made a mistake using that platform. Been boycotting Google for a while now... although its not so easy to cut that cord entirely at the tentacles reach into a lot of areas. I hate Facebook and only got on it for friends. Ready to delete the account entirely... but just removed that garbage from my phone for now.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

Big Tech's Purge Is Only Beginning... For Them
Now more than at any other point in history is there the opportunity for a real, properly-built and decentralized social media platform owned by those that hold the governance tokens and not a corporation or organization which is corruptible.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

My prediction is that this will backfire on them. Failure in the agenda they (Libs and Tech) will attempt to push is thinking that they have a significant mandate. They do not. 75+ million voted for Trump. GA race and others were razor thin (if we entertain the fallacy that voter fraud did not happen). Huge segment of folks who voted for Biden did not vote necessarily for Biden as much as against Trump. I suspect in a short order there will be an enormous buyer remorse wave. What they are doing now is a turn off to some folks I know who voted for Biden (because they didn’t like Trump).

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

Agreed. I deleted my social media accounts long ago.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

It is kind of a "catch 22" thing. Social media has become a major source of news and information for many people. Many of them just take what they read at face value. To have any affect at all, one almost has to stay on social media to propose a dissenting opinion. Even if they do censor you on occasion.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:49 am

It is kind of a "catch 22" thing. Social media has become a major source of news and information for many people. Many of them just take what they read at face value. To have any affect at all, one almost has to stay on social media to propose a dissenting opinion. Even if they do censor you on occasion.
A new platform is starting up. It doesn't deny moderating content, but so far doesn't seem to be loopy left liberal. They just need enough people to sign up to be a realistic alternative the FB.

https://mewe.com/myworld

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I agree with John in this video. I have no clue what the true number is, but the majority get their news from Social Media. If it is controlled by just the left then that is news you will be fed.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

jmorris wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:33 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 pm Facebook has removed the administrator of the Jews can shoot page.

Well, yeah, they can, it's their platform, just like Charles could kick anyone off here that he wanted to. The difference is that Charles has standards and wouldn't do so without a good reason.
Mr. Cotton lives by principles and has past many of those principles to many of us moderators or he has to me. You live by principles not by popularity. We have booted many of folks from this Forum, but the rules are stated and they knew a head of time what the consequences were. Even at that everyone who has been banned had many many chances to turn around and do right.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:01 am
jmorris wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:33 pm

Mr. Cotton lives by principles and has past many of those principles to many of us moderators or he has to me. You live by principles not by popularity. We have booted many of folks from this Forum, but the rules are stated and they knew a head of time what the consequences were. Even at that everyone who has been banned had many many chances to turn around and do right.
A major difference is that this forum, like other similar forums, is set up as a place for like minded people to share thoughts and ideas. It is not censorship when someone joins up who has contradictory thoughts and ideas, is banned for creating turmoil. FB and Twitter were set up as places for the free exchange of all ideas. Not just specific ones. They even have government protections based on this concept.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

The Federalist has a great article today about how conservatives have done NOTHING to stop tech censorship: https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/29/th ... ng-action/

I like this graphic below they used at the top of the article. I believe it is from 2018 and I think originally from https://laquadrature.net a Citizen advocacy group defending civil liberties in a digital age (per Twitter bio).

Ron
NRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”