Important Dallas County Run Off

This is the place for discussion specifically addressing state & local elections in Texas.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Important Dallas County Run Off

Post by RPBrown »

Lowell Cannaday is in a run off for the Republican spot for dallas county Sheriff. He is the former Irving police chief. I have known him for a few years and he is pro 2A. He has helped a few people get their CHL in fact
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

bpet
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Important Dallas County Run Off

Post by bpet »

He's got my vote. Not sure I could take Bowles again and Lupe Valdez has been a disaster.

From the Dallas Morning News;

" In the Republican primary, former Irving Police Chief Lowell Cannaday has won the support of most local police officers with his 38 years of law enforcement experience. Political analysts give him the best chance to face Sheriff Valdez in November.

Mesquite police Lt. Charlie Richmond has made illegal immigration his key issue and hopes to capitalize on local concern about it. Cockrell Hill Police Chief Catherine Smit is making her first run for office.

And Jim Bowles, who served as sheriff for 19 years before losing in the 2004 Republican primary, raised some eyebrows by jumping in the race at the last minute. "
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

Return to “Texas - 2008”