Meghan McCain: Woops

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Meghan McCain: Woops

Post by HighVelocity »

Give the girl a break. She is blonde after all. :biggrinjester:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flintknapper »

Huh?

What "damage control"?
No one knows what war is like other than my family. Period.

Its so obvious from the content and context of the interview (Obama's statement that McCain doesn't "get it") that the young lady is saying: No one knows what war is like BETTER than my family. She simply used the word "other" mistakenly. She comes from a military family with a history of service that spans several generations. I'd say she was dead on.

I can't imagine why anyone would bother to pick up on a misspoken word when it is so plain what she meant to say, let alone post it anywhere. :roll:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Crossfire »

HighVelocity wrote:Give the girl a break. She is blonde after all. :biggrinjester:
Hey, Hey, Hey! There will be no blonde bashing on this forum! :nono:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Crossfire wrote:
HighVelocity wrote:Give the girl a break. She is blonde after all. :biggrinjester:
Says the blonde that carries a Glock! :smilelol5:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

Keith B wrote:
Crossfire wrote:
Says the blonde that carries a Glock! :smilelol5:

I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

Russell wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/09/meg ... ly-period/

Que backtrack and damage control in 3......2......1......

ThinkProgress.org is just another site like moveon.org It is low grade liberal junk.

SCone

Post by SCone »

What damage? She's right... NObama went to Europe to visit his "friends" not our troups.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Russell wrote:
flintknapper wrote:I can't imagine why anyone would bother to pick up on a misspoken word when it is so plain what she meant to say, let alone post it anywhere. :roll:

Ask thinkprogress that :)

I just thought it was pretty funny, as everyone over there is up in arms.
Yeah, a real "side splitter".

All you have to do is read the first 10 comments or so....to see what kind of brilliant minds hang out there.

Russell, I was once "young and impressionable" too, but not quite to that extent. :roll:

Think for YOURSELF young man, I have high hopes for you. :thumbs2:

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Russell wrote:Oh trust me, I think for myself thank you very much :tiphat:
Good!
I posted this link because they *are* going to have to do damage control on this. Regardless of whether or not she *meant* to say "xyz", she didn't. If the MSM plays this up and whips the liberal base into a frenzy, they are going to have to make a retraction statement.
I think you will see basically nothing of this...because her meaning was too plain to require any hoopla about it.
I think McCain is an extremely weak candidate, and I am very disappointed in the GOP lining up behind him. He has poor views on immigration, freedom of speech, and gun control. In my opinion, regardless if he is or not, he gives off the impression of being out of touch with reality (I mean come on, he really has no idea how many houses he owns yet he's trying to get the middle class independent voters?). If he hadn't of put Palin on the ticket he would have gotten his behind handed to him at the polls.
McCain was trying to "defer" the question until he could give an accurate answer. It is not that he doesn't know the number of homes he/they own...its just that the question (as phrased) could also include "investment properties" etc... Are you against a hard working person doing well? I thought that was the basis of the "American Dream".
I think the liberals are doing their darndest to downplay Palin and her strengths because they are scared. The arguments that I have seen come from their side against her have been the most ridiculous things I've seen in quite a while.

Its just beyond belief.....really, and it unwittingly works against them. It will only serve to persuade a certain number of moderate Democrats and Independents to swing toward McCain.

If the GOP can keep it together and keep McCain from looking even more like a bumbling dolt, we might have a chance at winning in November.
It WILL be a close race, you may be sure of that.
No, I have not been active in politics as long as some of you here have been, but I like to think I know what I'm talking about every once in a while :thumbs2:
Well....its good to have convictions, better still...if those convictions are based on an understanding of the issues at hand and not formed based on empty campaign promises.

In any case, please do your part...and vote for whomever you feel is the best candidate to lead the country. That is all I can ask.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Russell wrote:I personally support Ron Paul. His campaign is the first campaign I've ever donated to. I will not be voting for him however because I feel it would be a throw away vote now.
And you would be 100% correct.

The stakes are too high to "make a statement".
Very good Sir!

And no, I am not against people working hard and reaping the reward they earned, not at all. The term "working class" makes my blood boil, just as the term "stinking rich" does too.
Good.

Senator Obama on the other hand... is very much for the redistribution of wealth in this country. It would be ruinous to the economy for many reasons.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

flintknapper wrote:
Russell wrote:I personally support Ron Paul. His campaign is the first campaign I've ever donated to. I will not be voting for him however because I feel it would be a throw away vote now.
And you would be 100% correct.
I would beg to differ, but only because I see it differntly,

This is a Red State. This isn't no battle ground state, Its not Florida. We beat our Democrats and we beat them good.

There is no way in Hades that a Democrat is going to win more than 40% of the votes in Texas. A Democcrat hasn't one a state wide election in Texas since Ann Richards and Obama isn't about to be the first one in this millenium. Obama isn't going to take the electoral votes in Texas its not even going be close.

2% or 10% protest votes will impress the clowns that give us such poor candidates and they will take notice and maybe next time might give us someone worth voting for.

Those who vote with the masses don't get the attention of the 5% who post their protest vote.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Federal - 2008”