What to do when Obama wins?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 4

Re: What to do when Obama wins?

Post by pbwalker »

FIFTY wrote:You're correct MBGuy. There never was an answer to the original question, and for good reason. Talking about burying your firearms, and government confiscations makes rational gun owners look more like gun "nuts".
We're the law abiding citizens of New Orleans 'gun nuts' when their guns were being confiscated? I think the OP had a valid question...

If it were to come to fruition, would you just turn over your guns?

:tiphat:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Liberty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Liberty »

pbwalker wrote:
FIFTY wrote:You're correct MBGuy. There never was an answer to the original question, and for good reason. Talking about burying your firearms, and government confiscations makes rational gun owners look more like gun "nuts".
We're the law abiding citizens of New Orleans 'gun nuts' when their guns were being confiscated? I think the OP had a valid question...

:tiphat:
I didn't know a president has the power to take our guns away, But if any gooberment charactors ever come to take my guns away, I would think it would be pretty silly to tell the whole world on the interweb what I would do about it.

Just my opinion.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
jdm
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jdm »

Gun owners and CHL holders are more "prepared" than the average citizen. Gun owners generally have a few days of food in the house, a flashlight with working batteries, and keep at least 1/4 tank of gas in their car. The mindset that guides us to be proficient with and carry a weapon also guides us to think about and be prepared to overcome other bad situations.

I brought this subject up to find out what other forward thinking prepared people are considering doing when the Obama led federal government decides to violate gun owners clear second amendment rights. Based on the Obama campaign's haraassment of WGN radio in Chicago, and TV stations showing the NRA campaign ads, they are willing to restrict our clear 1st amendment rights. Their mode of operation is to get the job done NOW, then let the court tell them they were wrong well after the damage has been done. They accuse the Bush administration of doing this, but I think they learned well. Similar to NOLA, I believe they will prohibit ammunition, bullet, powder, and firearm sales or possesion, and confiscate and destroy privately owned weapons. When the case against this hits the Supreme Court 3 years later, the Obama led government at best will say sorry we were wrong. But you will not have your property returned and have no way of legally purchasing any more firearms.

Anybody that thinks we are "gun nuts" have already frozen their opinion, and self censoring our talk does not do us any good.

Back to the topic at hand, how would you hide and protect your weapons and ammunition from bomb sniffing dogs or metal detectors? When the Obama led government goes to the BATF files to get the serial numbers of your weapons, then knocks on the door and says give them up, what will you say? "Sorry, I sold it at a gun show to a Mexican guy? Don't remember his name, Jose Sanchez, maybe? No I didn't check his ID, I don't want to discriminate against hispanics, I assumed he was here legally"

Brainstorm please.

Jeremae
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jeremae »

I don't remember where I read it (probably Claire Wolfe) but

"If it is time to bury em, it is time to dig them up"

I used to be very strict in my need to keep my firearms and beliefs about them private. I work with computers and in fact do a LOT of document/records searching type of work and am VERY aware of all the aspects of modern computer record keeping including how to foil it in general.

Now I am saving to become Life member of NRA and TSRA, have my CHL and have several firearms I purchased from FFLs with the attendant records (4473).

I feel the MORE people we get who take the time, effort and pay the cost to get a CHL etc. the more politicians realize they MUST take us into consideration before trying to pass any new GUN laws. I believe we can still work within the system and preserve our Natural Rights.

If not then it wouldn't be prudent to discuss specific actions in a public forum on the internet.

The best quote probably comes from Mr. Jefferson :

"The tree of Liberty must from time to time be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots."
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Do what I plan on doing: Doubling or tripling my donations to the NRA and TSRA.

That's your best bet.

Personally, I am giving most of the money to the TSRA now, but with Obama on the horizon, I'll probably even things out again.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

FIFTY
Posts in topic: 2

Post by FIFTY »

pbwalker wrote: We're the law abiding citizens of New Orleans 'gun nuts' when their guns were being confiscated? I think the OP had a valid question...

I obviously would not be pleased with a situation similar to New Orleans or what the OP describes, and I am certainly not saying that I would happily hand over all of my firearms. In my opinion, however, hypothetical discussions about hiding firearms from bomb sniffing dogs and metal detectors can come off as slightly paranoid, and in the very least, probably shouldn't be posted for the whole world to see online.

Luckily, I don't think the chances of a situation quite this dire are very likely. Right now I think it is far more important to do what we can to support the NRA and TSRA.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

Sandbags, armor plate, body armor, MREs, more ammo, gunpowder nourished pit bulls, cyanide capsule in my toof, secret tunnels to my neighbors.

One of those three cornered hats like they wore at Concord for when the next shot heard round the world is pressed off.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Ace_Inthe_O

Post by Ace_Inthe_O »

FIFTY wrote:
pbwalker wrote: We're the law abiding citizens of New Orleans 'gun nuts' when their guns were being confiscated? I think the OP had a valid question...

I obviously would not be pleased with a situation similar to New Orleans or what the OP describes, and I am certainly not saying that I would happily hand over all of my firearms. In my opinion, however, hypothetical discussions about hiding firearms from bomb sniffing dogs and metal detectors can come off as slightly paranoid, and in the very least, probably shouldn't be posted for the whole world to see online.

Luckily, I don't think the chances of a situation quite this dire are very likely. Right now I think it is far more important to do what we can to support the NRA and TSRA.
:iagree:

I will just hide them in my hybrid prius they will never confiscate that. :smilelol5:
"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Skiprr »

Jeremae wrote:I believe we can still work within the system and preserve our Natural Rights.
+1

Support your Second Amendment champions, the NRA and the TSRA, both the foundation organizations and the political action committees.

Look for ways to assist with grass-roots efforts like Friends of the NRA or become an NRA certified or CHL instructor.

Communicate with your Mayor, Governor, Senator, Congressional Representative, Vice President, and President. Don't be a voiceless constituent; let them know your values. Heck; run for office yourself.

Our Constitution and Bill of Rights weren't won by people who buried their guns and tried to go unnoticed by the government.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

I hope I didn't come off as a 'gun nut' or tinfoil hat wearing fool...just looking to spark up the discussion and it appeared to work! YAY! :hurry:

I, too, do not think this will ever happen as I truly believe gun owners are one of the 'silent majorities' and a lot of feathers would be ruffled if something like this were to happen...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
jdm
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jdm »

I agree with the general concencus that talk of hiding firearms can be taken wrong and that if you have any secrets, putting them out on this forum is not wise. I though a few days about this before I posted. I figure that ""We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." (Benjamin Franklin)
and share general knowledge before it is too late.

I am interested in the mechanics of firearm and ammunition preservation. I have removed a lot of cosmoline from rifles but never applied it. How do you get it in the barrel? Is there a substitute that preserves the firearm, but also does not need to be cleaned off? Is a lot of gun oil good enough? Can the firearm be shrinkwrapped or vacuum bag packed and be protected as well as cosmoline would? Can ammunition be oiled to preserve it? Will steel cased Wolf last as long as brass?

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

pbwalker wrote:I hope I didn't come off as a 'gun nut' or tinfoil hat wearing fool...
No. But consider this. A football team wouldn't post their playbook online where their opponents can easily read it.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

amber

Post by amber »

I'm more worried about Biden than Obama. Biden has a proven track record of disarming women so we can't protect ourselves from stalkers and other rapists and murderers.

tarbe

Post by tarbe »

I will say that my inventories of linotype, powder, primers and projectiles are a good bit higher today than they were a year ago.

I figure the increased carrying cost is worth it....kinda like stocking up on stuff before hurricane season!

Tim
Semper Fi!

tallmike

Post by tallmike »

longtooth wrote:You know, I was just a little fellow & really too young to know what was going on then but maybe, just maybe McCarthy had something right. :patriot:
This statement is disturbing enough all by itself, the fact that you put an American flag after it is perhaps more disturbing. How can anyone think that a government sponsored witch hunt for people who are not violating any law and are guilty of nothing more than expressing views that are unpopular is right or in any way American?

Return to “Federal - 2008”