Hillary Clinton is a pro-gun churchgoer?

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 2

Hillary Clinton is a pro-gun churchgoer?

Post by lawrnk »

I've always been amazed at the skill of Billary to lie with a straight face.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008 ... hurchgoer/

VALPARAISO, Ind. - Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton managed to co-opt Mr. Obama’s message of hope and optimism, beginning a speech in Valparaiso, Ind., by talking about how positive and “fundamentally optimistic� Americans are.
“We don’t get bogged down and looking back – we’re always looking forward,� she said, as heavy applause nearly drowned out her words. “Whatever obstacle we see, we get over it. Whatever challenge we have, we meet it. We’re the problem-solvers, we’re the innovators, we’re the people who make the better future.�
For the third time since Mr. Obama’s remarks were made public Friday night, Mrs. Clinton criticized him at length, saying his comments seemed “kind of elitist and out of touch.�
“I disagree with Senator Obama’s assertion that people in our country cling to guns and have certain attitudes about immigration or trade simply out of frustration,� she said.
She described herself as a pro-gun churchgoer, recalling that her father taught her how to shoot a gun when she was a young girl and said that her faith “is the faith of my parents and my grandparents.�
Last edited by lawrnk on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Topic author
lawrnk

Re: Hillary Clinton is a pro-gun churchgoer?

Post by lawrnk »

Similarities?

Last edited by lawrnk on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HighVelocity »

And I'll be shooting a pink and white polkadot AR15 and my next Carbine Match. :roll:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

AEA

Post by AEA »

In the Debate tonight, she specifically answered a question put to her about an assault weapons ban.
She stated that she would support a recreation of the ban.

What ever chance she had, just went out the window tonight and she is finished....
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

HighVelocity wrote:And I'll be shooting a pink and white polkadot AR15 and my next Carbine Match. :roll:
You're gonna look really cute Gary. Please post pictures! "rlol"
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

AEA wrote:In the Debate tonight, she specifically answered a question put to her about an assault weapons ban.
She stated that she would support a recreation of the ban.

What ever chance she had, just went out the window tonight and she is finished....
The 2A and RKBA will have little influence on this election. The numbers feeding at the public trough and seeking comfort from the nanny state has reached the critical mass required for them to perpetuate themselves despite any effort from those of us who actually work for a living and provide for ourselves.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

So they all support a regurgitation of a plan that had zero effect on crime...hmmmm, go figure...Which was the basis and foundation of the 1994 debacle...

So they want a new one...Better, stronger, faster???

"So, what makes you think this new one will be "better"???" (a neat question to ask any elected official who would vote for something like this...again)

The really big secret...Is for them to feel like they will have succeeded, would be to ban and make illegal the posession of already "legally" aquired hardware...

And figure the odds of the success of collecting all that hardware up???

:nono: :fire :cryin :nopity
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Monkey404error

Post by Monkey404error »

Since it seems like Hillary or O'bama might make it to the White House, and from what I'm reading here, they want to renew/make some new bans on guns. Is there any firearms I should look into getting while we still don't have to register guns, (not formally per se) and before any bans make certain ones illegal to obtain?
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm
Students should also have the rights to defend themselves

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Anything that uses high cap mags would be in jeopardy.

If you don't already own AR's and AK's, it would be a good time, and as many high cap mags as you can afford.

Same for semi-auto handguns. A good high cap 9mm or three and spare mags.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Monkey404error

Post by Monkey404error »

Mike1951 wrote:Anything that uses high cap mags would be in jeopardy.

If you don't already own AR's and AK's, it would be a good time, and as many high cap mags as you can afford.

Same for semi-auto handguns. A good high cap 9mm or three and spare mags.

Thanks. Hopefully I'll have a little bit of time to aquire these, as they won't officially get into office for about half a year (if they're elected). I can live without cable for a few months, and live off of ramen, or something else that can be bought in bulk cheap. *points enthusiasticly* To the local gun store
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm
Students should also have the rights to defend themselves

Return to “Federal - 2008”